Page 29 of 38 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm gonna make my own Stack-A-Toe, but better...with blackjack. And hookers.

I got a good deal on a used optic ready/manual safety compact at Cabelas this afternoon. I have three w/o manual safeties but I’m starting to use my Enigma more often and I like the safety lever. I’ve had an ACRO in the safe for months so I’ll order a plate assuming the gun works.

I was theorizing which platform I would go to if I wasn't invested in Glock and all the ancillary equipment. Admittedly, I was tempted for a half second to go HK P30, but this thread got me interested in the M&P. I'm not looking for a 1911-like gun but I thought it was fun to see how to optimize the platform in different ways.

While I absolutely hate the fact you have to take sights off to get access to fully strip the slide, its not the end of the world and the rest of the gun is relatively easy to take care of. There are some smaller parts compared to the Glock, but they they don't seem to be an issue. Mags are relatively inexpensive if you want to stock up for the boogaloo. The platform has been around for a while and has a proven track record for reliability. Admittedly, I was turned off about the 1.0s accuracy issues and the hook trigger, it seems like S&W have remedied those issues. Watching the Apex videos got me really excited for the level of engineering and research they put into their part development. For someone who doesn't use non-stock internals in my Glocks, these actually seem like a viable option - maybe even a semi-custom-level option above and beyond the OEM. And from memory, the grip does feel like a dream in the hand.

Probably one thing that got me curious is why was this pistol not considered (not even sure it was submitted) for any of the federal/mil contracts of the last few years. I'd be really interested in how it stacked up if it was submitted.

Overall, thanks for the thread. It was a fun read - even for a Glock guy.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cool Breeze View Post
    While I absolutely hate the fact you have to take sights off to get access to fully strip the slide,
    Good news! That's not a thing on the CORE models. They have a little plate on top that holds in the striker block spring.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    For another $1,000, Ed Brown will do the labor for you.

https://www.edbrown.com/fueled-series/
    American Handgunner Nov/Dec 2023 cover story is on the Ed Brown S&W M&P Fueled Series

https://americanhandgunner.com/handg...s-and-ability/

Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    I got a good deal on a used optic ready/manual safety compact at Cabelas this afternoon. I have three w/o manual safeties but I’m starting to use my Enigma more often and I like the safety lever. I’ve had an ACRO in the safe for months so I’ll order a plate assuming the gun works.
    The Eleven 71 plate arrived today, fortunately including threadlocker. I’m hoping to get it assembled and zeroed later in the week.

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Breeze View Post
    Probably one thing that got me curious is why was this pistol not considered (not even sure it was submitted) for any of the federal/mil contracts of the last few years. I'd be really interested in how it stacked up if it was submitted.
    I always thought that was why #11537 had not only the thumb safety but the LCI lever thingy?

What’s the current consensus for the best duty holsters for this setup?

Random bit.

Firing pin on my 2.0 broke. The tip broke off. I'd guess less than 3k rounds through it, but a fair bit of dry fire, if it matters. :shrug:

Apex barrel, trigger and now replacement firing pin assembly are on their way.
    David S.

This thread is stupid because had a Gen5 G26 MOS in hand, but I walked out my friendly FFL with this instead. Trigger take-up is kinda gritty, but the wall and reset is super nice.

Name:  myglocksareangry.jpg
Views: 515
Size:  72.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    Random bit.

Firing pin on my 2.0 broke. The tip broke off. I'd guess less than 3k rounds through it, but a fair bit of dry fire, if it matters. :shrug:

Apex barrel, trigger and now replacement firing pin assembly are on their way.

M&P Strikers have always been susceptible to breaking with dry fire. I broke one dry firing without snap caps in 2 weeks. After that I always used snap caps, have not broken one since.

User Tag List