Page 15 of 37 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm gonna make my own Stack-A-Toe, but better...with blackjack. And hookers.

Quote Originally Posted by TOTS View Post
    Apex’s polymer kit seems a great deal at not much more than $100 but I don’t want the flat face.
    I didn't think I wanted it either, but decided to try it, maybe just because I am a bit of an Apex fanboy, and am glad I did.

What exactly do you not want about it?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    I didn't think I wanted it either, but decided to try it, maybe just because I am a bit of an Apex fanboy, and am glad I did.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    Man, I don’t honestly have a good answer. My only experience with a flattie is from running one on a 1911 for a couple of years before going back to a medium curved one. I guess I don’t want to dump an additional 20% of the purchase price into just a trigger when I’m getting it done with the factory one and a sear.

Apex’s polymer kit seems a great deal at not much more than $100 but I don’t want the flat face.
    Man, I don’t honestly have a good answer. My only experience with a flattie is from running one on a 1911 for a couple of years before going back to a medium curved one. I guess I don’t want to dump an additional 20% of the purchase price into just a trigger when I’m getting it done with the factory one and a sear.
    I guess the reason I asked such a probing question is I do agree that the Apex polymer seems like the sweet spot, and I agree that the flat trigger seemed like a gimmick, but I gave it a whirl and am glad I did. I thought it would be funky and quite contrary, it is very natural. At no point when shooting am I thinking about it, but maybe that is just how my brain is wired. So I am a convert that went from being reluctant to try it to being the putz handing it to all my buddies saying "Snap this thing, it is really cool!!"

But personal perception of value is, well, quite personal. The way my brain is wired is once I plop a $500 optic on something I will throw an extra $60-$100 under it. The polymer kit is $110, I surfed around and saw them offered (companies I am not familiar with) for $80.

My summary is I am glad I reluctantly tried it.

Site Supporter
    I guess the reason I asked such a probing question is I do agree that the Apex polymer seems like the sweet spot, and I agree that the flat trigger seemed like a gimmick, but I gave it a whirl and am glad I did. I thought it would be funky and quite contrary, it is very natural. At no point when shooting am I thinking about it, but maybe that is just how my brain is wired. So I am a convert that went from being reluctant to try it to being the putz handing it to all my buddies saying "Snap this thing, it is really cool!!"

But personal perception of value is, well, quite personal. The way my brain is wired is once I plop a $500 optic on something I will throw an extra $60-$100 under it. The polymer kit is $110, I surfed around and saw them offered (companies I am not familiar with) for $80.

My summary is I am glad I reluctantly tried it.
    All good points. I’m dragging my feet a little bit to see if they eventually offer it in the curved variant. If not, I’ll probably end up getting the polymer kit. Just changing the sear out made Me like the gun so much more!

For the third one I bought a 5MOA SRO and last week sent the slide to Jagerwerks, that gives me 8-12wks to buy the trigger and barrel
    WooHoo!!

So, Jagerwerks has a 8-12wk lead time, they received my slide last Monday and shipped it today!
    Musta had another one to gang it up with (I didn't opt for coating...), I got lucky when I ordered my RL1100 the same way (2-3mo lead time, shipped 2-3 days after I ordered), must be all that clean living!!

Anyone know how a brother can acquire a Performance Center sear, Massachusetts trigger bar & trigger spring? I’m super satisfied with my current Apex flattie set up with thumb safety. Wouldn’t mind experimenting with the PC sear, M trigger bar & spring if it isn’t hard to find or pricey. I can go dumpster diving on the interweb if needed. Figured I’d be able to short cut it if anyone here has something to share first. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by medmo View Post
    Anyone know how a brother can acquire a Performance Center sear, Massachusetts trigger bar & trigger spring? I’m super satisfied with my current Apex flattie set up with thumb safety. Wouldn’t mind experimenting with the PC sear, M trigger bar & spring if it isn’t hard to find or pricey. I can go dumpster diving on the interweb if needed. Figured I’d be able to short cut it if anyone here has something to share first. Thanks
    Midwest Gun Works?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by medmo View Post
    Freestone Armory on ebay is the single best source of random M&P parts I have found.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    I finally had the chance to run the trigger in the original post on a trigger pull scale. It ranged from 5.5-6 pounds. The person who owned the scale re-ran it a bunch of times because he couldn't believe the trigger was actually reading that much weight because the way the trigger is set up sure feels like it should be less than that.

It showed the same range of trigger weight as a stock G48 and 4th gen G19, but the way it moves and breaks is so much more forgiving when you are going for accuracy that it feels like it's in a completely different category.

Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    Freestone Armory on ebay is the single best source of random M&P parts I have found.
    Yeah, I've had better luck finding parts on ebay lately than anywhere else.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    I finally had the chance to run the trigger in the original post on a trigger pull scale. It ranged from 5.5-6 pounds.
    I have a few Apex Duty/Carry Aluminum Triggers and they pull closer to 4 pounds. Do you know if your pistol has the M2.0 10-degree striker or the unmarked one? I'm starting to wonder if the LE SKU pistols come with the unmarked striker for a more defined wall/break.

ETA: Nevermind, I reread the thread and saw that you're using a heavier trigger return spring and less defined wall which is opposite of how mine are set up.
    Last edited by crosseyedshooter; 10-21-2022 at 10:45 AM.

User Tag List