Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HK45C V7 LEM Hammer Off-Center

HK45C V7 LEM Hammer Off-Center

I picked up a second HK45C V7 LEM today, after putting a couple thousand rounds through my first LEM 45C and falling in love with it. Seems to cycle just fine and the trigger pull feels normal, but when I got home I noticed that the hammer (the outer hammer, not the internal one) is off center a bit to the left side. I will provide a photo.

I compared it with my other 45C LEM. It may have the same thing to a lesser extent. I have over 2k rounds through it without any stoppages or issues.

Anyone else notice this with any of their LEM HK's, particularly the 45C but any others as well? A brief search on HKpro merely surfaced a debate with some saying it's unacceptable and HK shouldn't let it out like that, and others saying it's purely cosmetic and still within spec.

Really, as long as it has no effect on long-term reliability or durability, it wouldn't bother me, but it's not something I've seen before.
    Name:  hk45c #2 hammer.jpg
Views: 380
Size:  25.1 KB

Mine is slightly off center, but I think it’s visually exacerbated by the asymmetric cut in the slide.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I checked my 45C LEM. It's off center a bit. I'd never noticed that, and am pretty sure I'll not give it another thought. Best I can recall, this pistol has never had a failure.

Also checked a P2K LEM. It too was a bit off center to the left. No issues with it either.

And a P2KC LEM. It was more or less centered; maybe a hair to the left. Again, no issues.

Here's the 45C:

Name:  HK45C Hammer sm.jpg
Views: 355
Size:  28.8 KB

Every one of my HK's exhibits this. No observable detriment.
    Taking a break from social media.

I’ve got the same thing on my USP9 FS LEM. At first, I thought it was some wonky slide to frame fit. I haven’t had issues. My P30 and P2000 aren’t like that.

I previously owned a P30 and HK45c. I remember both of them exhibiting this to some extent. Never caused any issues.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Site Supporter
    Honestly, if it concerns you, call them.

Their C.S. is staffed by shooters in my experience, and they bend over backwards to help you out.

Quote Originally Posted by jeep45238 View Post
    Honestly, if it concerns you, call them.

Their C.S. is staffed by shooters in my experience, and they bend over backwards to help you out.
    Honestly hearing from so many that their’s displays the same thing with no adverse results is good enough for me. If the trigger felt off or something, that’d be concerning, but it feels just like my other LEN. I’m just going to shoot it to vet it and as long as it works and hits where it’s supposed to, I’m good.

I appreciate all the responses and pics.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SwampDweller View Post
    Honestly hearing from so many that their’s displays the same thing with no adverse results is good enough for me. If the trigger felt off or something, that’d be concerning, but it feels just like my other LEN. I’m just going to shoot it to vet it and as long as it works and hits where it’s supposed to, I’m good.

I appreciate all the responses and pics.
    For what it's worth, I BS'd with the CS rep about sight selection for almost 20 minutes, and they had some good input. Not what I was expecting (which was an untrained call center).

I was just on the Inventory page for Indiana Gun Club and all their HK45, HK45C V7 LEM models had crooked hammers. However, the P30 and P2000 LEM models had straight hammers. I remember an HK PRO post saying HK said it’s because of tolerance stacking but function isn’t affected.

However, all the P2000 models had an annoying, to my OCD lol, gap at the top of the replaceable grip panel.

User Tag List