Page 32 of 38 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm gonna make my own Stack-A-Toe, but better...with blackjack. And hookers.

Quote Originally Posted by crosseyedshooter View Post
    It doesn't look like they need suppressor height sights with that setup. I'm surprised they didn't go with the low sights.
    My bet is that they're there because people expect to see them on an optical pistol.

No pun intended...
    Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem
    I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude
    -Thomas Jefferson
    I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.

Quote Originally Posted by crosseyedshooter View Post
    It doesn't look like they need suppressor height sights with that setup. I'm surprised they didn't go with the low sights.
    The Acro-specific M&P we had for demo had the tall sights and you're absolutely right. The standard height sights they offer on some of their optic-ready pistols would offer a less obstructed but usable sight picture. That aside, I'm glad to finally see these bundles offered. In June the sales rep hinted that they were working on it but I'm sure things move slow, especially after relocating their HQ.

This one appears to have the low sights, which it needs. Had this package been available AND in a commercial retail SKU I'd have bought it. It would have saved me a set of Dawson sights, not that there's anything wrong with them, they are my favorite aftermarket sights.

And why in the Sam Hell do they only have optic bundles as LE only SKUs?

https://www.smith-wesson.com/product...forcement-only

Are there any alternatives for slide stops? I’ve got a very thumbs high/forward grip and I’m both activating the slide stop prematurely and not reliably getting slide lock on empty. For Glocks I use Kagwerks slide-stops but so far I haven’t found an equivalent for the M&P.
    Anything I post is my opinion alone as a private citizen.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan1980 View Post
    This one appears to have the low sights, which it needs. Had this package been available AND in a commercial retail SKU I'd have bought it. It would have saved me a set of Dawson sights, not that there's anything wrong with them, they are my favorite aftermarket sights.

And why in the Sam Hell do they only have optic bundles as LE only SKUs?

The fact that these LE only SKUs seem to be the best options and are also LE only is the biggest thing keeping me from switching over to M&Ps. There’s a ton to like over my current g19/g45s, but without a reliable optics mounting solution the whole concept goes out the window in my opinion.

Granted, I’ve had good luck with a relatively early production CHPWS V4 plate for a few years now, so maybe I’d have good luck with stock CORE plates too.

Quote Originally Posted by DpdG View Post
    Are there any alternatives for slide stops? I’ve got a very thumbs high/forward grip and I’m both activating the slide stop prematurely and not reliably getting slide lock on empty. For Glocks I use Kagwerks slide-stops but so far I haven’t found an equivalent for the M&P.
    Do you experience this with all M&Ps or specifically with the optic ready guns? The optic ready models have wider slide release levers and when we issued our optic ready guns, that replaced older, standard M&Ps, we had a few shooters that experienced the same issue. To remedy it, we swapped out the wide slide release for a standard release and it solved the issue.

Otherwise, I'm not aware of any aftermarket slide release levers.

Quote Originally Posted by MD7305 View Post
    Do you experience this with all M&Ps or specifically with the optic ready guns? The optic ready models have wider slide release levers and when we issued our optic ready guns, that replaced older, standard M&Ps, we had a few shooters that experienced the same issue. To remedy it, we swapped out the wide slide release for a standard release and it solved the issue.

Otherwise, I'm not aware of any aftermarket slide release levers.
    Specifically the Acro direct cut factory gun. Only other experience with the m&p line is a 1.0/45 from 2009 and I can’t remember any issues with that, although it was 15 years ago. I’ll try to find a non-OR slide stop.
    Anything I post is my opinion alone as a private citizen.

I'm M&P curious at this point, thinking about building one of my own. Anyone know what sights are on that LE SKU pistol with the SCS on it? That's pretty much what I'd want to buy, but none of my LE dealers are showing that SKU as available...

Thanks!

Kevin

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    I'm M&P curious at this point, thinking about building one of my own. Anyone know what sights are on that LE SKU pistol with the SCS on it? That's pretty much what I'd want to buy, but none of my LE dealers are showing that SKU as available...

Thanks!

Kevin
    13943, looks like low/standard height 3 dots

Name:  13943-mp-3Qtr_TopBack__50660.jpg
Views: 190
Size:  23.6 KB

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    13943, looks like low/standard height 3 dots

Name:  13943-mp-3Qtr_TopBack__50660.jpg
Views: 190
Size:  23.6 KB
    Yup. Those are the normal height sights, not the "suppressor height" that come with the Acro cut/CORE/whatever models.
    3/15/2016

User Tag List