Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm gonna make my own Stack-A-Toe, but better...with blackjack. And hookers.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Cancer, car wreck, heart disease. Those things get most people, gun/no gun…..not gunna help.
    Damn, really sorry to hear that. Especially at your age.
    Are you loyal to the constitution or the “institution”?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Blackburn View Post
    Damn, really sorry to hear that. Especially at your age.
    I’m sorry. It wasn’t my intention to convey being currently afflicted by those situations.

Rather trying to state my chances of succumbing to them is likely far greater than my need to consider offensive trigger pulling on a daily basis.

Site Supporter
    I’m sorry. It wasn’t my intention to convey being currently afflicted by those situations.

Rather trying to state my chances of succumbing to them is likely far greater than my need to consider offensive trigger pulling on a daily basis.
    Just glad to hear you aren’t dealing with that level of suck. My heart sank for you when I read that list and I don’t even know you.

Are there any other dots using the Acro cut yet? I’m not really enthused with the idea of dropping ~$600 for an optic I’ve never even handled.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Are there any other dots using the Acro cut yet? I’m not really enthused with the idea of dropping ~$600 for an optic I’ve never even handled.
    None that I'm aware of. The new Sampfox "Kraken" comes closest but isn't quite the same.

What I can tell you about the Acro is that it doesn't have any noticeable distortion in the optic window. The unit itself is tough and completely unconcerned with environmental conditions. I have heard complaints that the armoring of the optic (It's basically a tube within a tube) isn't as nice for target transitions as something like the SRO, but I find that complaint most often from people who don't know how to do transitions. You don't do them through the optic, you move your eyes and then move the gun to where you're looking.

It looks bulkier than it actually is.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    I’m going to take a shit ton of hate for this

But. I don’t get the closed emitter sex appeal for a concealed piece.

if you’re drawing from waist deep mud you’d surely have bigger issues than an actual obstruction of you red dot.

But wtf do I know. All the operators are running the mail box optics so it must be above my skill level.

Question about the trigger.
    If you run the safety equipped version is there a downside to the Forward Set Apex? I gather it's a 1911 style take-up/break?

If anyone is interested in doing this build but want a heavier break on the Apex trigger kits, there’s a factory striker without the “10 deg” sear-face that increases the break on M2.0 pistols by about .5-.75 pounds. It’s the unmarked one at the bottom.

Name:  98F5C6C7-B289-42D2-B63D-E0B4A1BBFE8C.jpg
Views: 1507
Size:  71.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    Question about the trigger.
    If you run the safety equipped version is there a downside to the Forward Set Apex? I gather it's a 1911 style take-up/break?
    For me the downside is minimal takeup and you're right on to dropping the sear. If you are using the safety in theory it's more 1911-like.
    3/15/2016

But. I don’t get the closed emitter sex appeal for a concealed piece.
    The biggest benefit to your typical concealed carrier is going to be a less annoying mounting standard. While I've seen plenty of dots break, I see the mounting fail far more often than I do the optics themselves. With the Acro...and I don't see a ton of them...but I've never seen the Acro's mount itself fail. I do see the mounting of the plates get wobbly every now and then, though.

I have an M&P 2.0 Compact that is set up identically to this gun except it's a CORE...it's going to wear a Holosun open emitter because I've got one that isn't doing anything and it'll work just fine for concealed carry.
    3/15/2016

User Tag List