Page 35 of 38 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm gonna make my own Stack-A-Toe, but better...with blackjack. And hookers.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    What safariland als works with this set up? With rds and wml of course.

X300? Tlr7?
    Safariland's holster model convention being almost incomprehensible, I can never remember exactly which holster I bought. But looking at their site the 6354 for an optic with an X300 is the closest to what I think I'm using, only my holster is in a black multicam, and that only because I didn't snag one of the Magnum PI print holsters in time.

It doesn't explicitly say it works with the Acro, but mine works just fine with the Acro on my pistol.

I will use the Safariland in class when I have a laser attached for teaching purposes, or when we're teaching low light.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    Safariland's holster model convention being almost incomprehensible, I can never remember exactly which holster I bought. But looking at their site the 6354 for an optic with an X300 is the closest to what I think I'm using, only my holster is in a black multicam, and that only because I didn't snag one of the Magnum PI print holsters in time.

It doesn't explicitly say it works with the Acro, but mine works just fine with the Acro on my pistol.

I will use the Safariland in class when I have a laser attached for teaching purposes, or when we're teaching low light.
    I like it for when I'm shooting carbine. Shooting from the prone with an appendix holster on is not my favorite.

Site Supporter
    I like it for when I'm shooting carbine. Shooting from the prone with an appendix holster on is not my favorite.
    Funny, I do the same thing. I do all my pistol practice from concealment, but when I shoot rifle at my normal range (probably every other month) I'll grab my ninja ruck belt with a Safariland for thst reason.

Visiting a long distance range rather than my usual haunt this summer, I didn't know their rules for having a pistol on you while shooting rifle, so I actually concealed my G42 at 4 o clock. First time I left the house carrying behind the hip since 2017 haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    Funny, I do the same thing. I do all my pistol practice from concealment, but when I shoot rifle at my normal range (probably every other month) I'll grab my ninja ruck belt with a Safariland for thst reason.

Visiting a long distance range rather than my usual haunt this summer, I didn't know their rules for having a pistol on you while shooting rifle, so I actually concealed my G42 at 4 o clock. First time I left the house carrying behind the hip since 2017 haha.

I have dealth with quite a few people on local ranges that got my "spider senses" going so I always prefer to have a loaded and ready to go firearm on me. Any time I train pistol it's from appendix, well, 99/1%

Site Supporter
    I have dealth with quite a few people on local ranges that got my "spider senses" going so I always prefer to have a loaded and ready to go firearm on me. Any time I train pistol it's from appendix, well, 99/1%
    Absolutely. I always have at least 1 "extra" fully loaded mag on me when shooting pistol drills, beyond the downloaded or empty mag or 2 I am training with.

There have been times I shoot a little rifle and go prone to zero and take my AIWB off, but I'll keep a spare rifle mag around.

Site Supporter
    What safariland als works with this set up? With rds and wml of course.

X300? Tlr7?
    This chart on Safariland's site is easier than using their holster finder. I think most of the regulars on this forum are savvy enough to figure out certain equivalent fits, like a milled G45 still fitting in a G19 MOS holster. The model numbers are something like this: The first series of numbers are the holster model, second set of digits refers to the pistol/light, and the last set is for the finish. I've pretty much stuck to the 6390RDS holster for my Glocks, and will get the same to try out the M&P 2.0 Compact.

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/00...f?v=1704821119

I have dealt with quite a few people on local ranges that got my "spider senses" going so I always prefer to have a loaded and ready to go firearm on me. Any time I train pistol it's from appendix, well, 99/1%
    I always keep in mind that Platt and Matix of Miami infamy got most of their weapons by ambushing and murdering a guy who was out in the everglades plinking.

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    I run a 17 round spare when I carry the compact and I shoot the compact with the full sized magazines all the time. Doesn't seem to be an issue.
    And now S&W has the 23rnd mags, and they fit very nicely in the JMCK High Ride AIWB mag pouch:

Name:  MnP 23.jpg
Views: 304
Size:  41.7 KB

Name:  MnP 23 JMCK.jpg
Views: 300
Size:  35.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    I always keep in mind that Platt and Matix of Miami infamy got most of their weapons by ambushing and murdering a guy who was out in the everglades
    My son and I were at a remote range in the UP sighting in his AR this past summer, and I told him of the ambushes, and the need for us to be armed and in yellow while at the range. Lotta people don’t know this kind of stuff!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    they fit very nicely in the JMCK High Ride AIWB mag pouch
    Edit window is closed, so quoted myself.
    I am not all in on AIWB, I still carry the gun IWB at about 3:00, but the AIWB mag pouch is great. My anatomy might not be optimal for an AIWB holster, but it has this perfect little indent where that big magazine fits nicley (like a J-frame, I do carry them AIWB). And the extended magazines seem to work well there also. Here is my Shield Plus 15rnd mag in the basic JMCK AIWB pouch:

Name:  Shiled PLus Mag Pouch.jpg
Views: 240
Size:  27.8 KB

Picked up my MP compact 2.0 today from my ffl. Thumbsafety and OR model with the new trigger. I have to say, I am really impressed. The last time I owned a MP was almost a decade ago and it was the 1.0 version. The safety is positive, not 1911 positive, but I'm not concerned it'll take itself off safe. I like the factory tall sights, good light around the front blade and they are not sharp, I just used a matte black paint pen on the rear sight. The trigger is what I really like, I don't think I'll be changing anything from stock. Nice take up that is light but long (which I prefer) with a little bit of grit that'll work out with shooting and a silky smooth light break and short reset. Is it a 1911 trigger? Nope. Is is it a really nice striker trigger? Sure is. So if you want to get your toes wet you can get a model with the new trigger, optic ready (I went with a dog tag plate to cut down on carbon on the front of my optic window), and shoot it for under 700 dollars before the optic.

Now I'm just waiting on spare mags and my JM holster/mag pouch

User Tag List