Page 27 of 38 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm gonna make my own Stack-A-Toe, but better...with blackjack. And hookers.

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    You need the thumb safety levers, the safety detent, and the safety detent spring.

Ebay has sellers that have put all three into one kit.
    Thank you. Created an account and order placed. Hopefully they get another kit in stock and I will be good to go.

Well I guess it’s time to sell the 92A1 and pick up a M&P to start my own version.

I’m already pretty invested in the M&P universe, I use a 1.0 .40 at work, and have a 1.0 9c ( that I use a 2.0 15rd mag in), 45 Shield, and my wife has a 9 shield.

May as well keep going.

Here’s my Stack-A-Toe:

Name:  IMG_9643.jpg
Views: 940
Size:  101.0 KB

M&P9 2.0 Compact
    Holosun 509t
    Slide cut & refinished by Maple Leaf
    Apex trigger and Duty/Carry internals

At some point I may go the route of fitting an Apex barrel, but maybe I got a “good” factory barrel because I’m definitely not good enough to outshoot the accuracy of the OEM barrel. Basically, I am the weak link in the accuracy chain.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    I've heard a lot of good things about Maple Leaf's machining.
    3/15/2016

I’m happy with my sample size of this one.

Very clean work, and they worked within their stated turn around time.

I opted for a nitride refinish, and the slide looks like it came from the factory with this cut.

I've had them do 4 or 5 slides and I'd happily send them another if I had one that needed work. If I have to say it, I'm very pleased and impressed with the quality of their work. Enough that I recommended them to a friend and he had a couple worked on as well.

Maple Leaf has done two direct mill ACRO's for me on Glocks, both were excellent.
    Support the Second Amendment Foundation and the Firearms Policy Coalition, join and give!

If one were going to build a Stack-A-Toe using a non-direct milled M&P, what plate should be chosen?
    And remember when demons and beasts cast their darkness, you have God's love - and Browning's wrath - to guide you.

Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    If one were going to build a Stack-A-Toe using a non-direct milled M&P, what plate should be chosen?
    From my experience, I would NOT use the factory S&W plastic plates (based on poor personal experience).

If you are ok with open emitter, I’d use the Holosun SCS, which basically turns the factory IR slide into a direct milled slide.

I used a SCS on my M&P 10mm. Happy with it so far.

User Tag List