Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 LastLast

Thread: I'm gonna make my own Stack-A-Toe, but better...with blackjack. And hookers.

I'm a bit of a luddite, is there a SKU for a MS M&P 2.0 Compact in 9mm that has the new trigger dingus and forward serrations that is not OR?

I can't seem to locate one on S&W's website and it may be because it doesn't exist which wouldn't shock me, as OR slides seem to be becoming the standard with manufacturers.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by parishioner View Post
    I'm a bit of a luddite, is there a SKU for a MS M&P 2.0 Compact in 9mm that has the new trigger dingus and forward serrations that is not OR?

I can't seem to locate one on S&W's website and it may be because it doesn't exist which wouldn't shock me, as OR slides seem to be becoming the standard with manufacturers.
    Pretty sure all the new M&Ps are forward serrations, flat trigger, optic ready.

ETA:
    https://www.smith-wesson.com/product...barrellength=4
    https://www.smith-wesson.com/product...t-ca-compliant

Looks like the new CA one is normal sights/non cut, flat trigger, but NO forward serrations, and the LCI may preclude an optic cut.
    Last edited by Noah; 03-02-2024 at 03:16 PM.

Do not have or even shot a 2011 but if the newer ones hitting the market run.....

https://www.budsgunshop.com/product_...e+stack+2+17rd

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Taylor View Post
    Do not have or even shot a 2011 but if the newer ones hitting the market run.....

https://www.budsgunshop.com/product_...e+stack+2+17rd
    I would not trust my life to a 700 dollar 2011

The or plate is well done, attractive and out of the way. The sights, if they hit POA, are really quite nice.

If you’re talking 9mm, forward serrations in commercial models only coming on the OR slides. So, if you want forward serrations, you gotta go with the OR plate which really isn’t an issue as it blends very well with the slide and even makes servicing the striker block easier. The bigger issue is the OR slides come with tall (suppressor height) sights that have pokey corners. There are LE OR SKUs that come with the low irons, but I only see 4.25” full-size models. If you don’t mind the tall pokey sights or changing them out, then the compact OR model should do.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    Pretty sure all the new M&Ps are forward serrations, flat trigger, optic ready.

ETA:
    https://www.smith-wesson.com/product...barrellength=4
    https://www.smith-wesson.com/product...t-ca-compliant

Looks like the new CA one is normal sights/non cut, flat trigger, but NO forward serrations, and the LCI may preclude an optic cut.
    S&W still makes iron sight M&Ps but the made the optics ready versions the standard model a year or two ago.

Quote Originally Posted by crosseyedshooter View Post
    If you’re talking 9mm, forward serrations in commercial models only coming on the OR slides. So, if you want forward serrations, you gotta go with the OR plate which really isn’t an issue as it blends very well with the slide and even makes servicing the striker block easier. The bigger issue is the OR slides come with tall (suppressor height) sights that have pokey corners. There are LE OR SKUs that come with the low irons, but I only see 4.25” full-size models. If you don’t mind the tall pokey sights or changing them out, then the compact OR model should do.
    The aluminum frames seem to have the low sights.

SKU 12638 will get you a Compact with front serrations but no manual safety and the older, hinged trigger. Adding a manual safety is an option and you might be able to find a newer style trigger to swap in. I realize that's a bit of trouble to get what you want.

Otherwise you could get the manual safety optic model and get shorter height sights from S&W or Dawson Precision, if you can live with the optic cover plate.

Anyone smart on M&P model #'s that can tell me the general differences between 12xxx model and 13xxx model? Asking because the 12 I'm looking at has the old-style trigger (which I'm planning on APEXing anyway), but has standard height NS, instead of the mizzen mast height version. The 13xxx has the new trigger, but the tall sights. Just checking if there are any other generational changes from the 12's to the 13's that would make it worth paying $65 more for the 13xxx AND having to replace the sights.

Thanks!

Kevin

User Tag List