Page 17 of 37 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm gonna make my own Stack-A-Toe, but better...with blackjack. And hookers.

Quote Originally Posted by Erick Gelhaus View Post
    Bought four of them for matches ... three have been ok, and one was a disaster. Disassembling it, brushing & scrubbing it out, and reassembling it hasn't changed a thing. With only a 75% success rate, I won't recommend it.
    Any ideas on how they messed up the magazine design for the 10 round versions?

With the variety of M&P pistols I own, I have generally had very good experiences using whatever the "standard" magazine designed for the pistol. The only bad magazines I ever had were some LEO trade in .40 magazines with a lot of wear, and those were all fixed with new Wolff springs.

It seems surprising on the 10 round versions because S&W generally seems to be able to make reliable magazines that don't cost a fortune.

We are talking about one out of 4 mags that was an issue from one person. I do t think I’d yet label their 10rd mags as problematic.

Quote Originally Posted by Tannhauser View Post

With the variety of M&P pistols I own, I have generally had very good experiences using whatever the "standard" magazine designed for the pistol. The only bad magazines I ever had were some LEO trade in .40 magazines with a lot of wear, and those were all fixed with new Wolff springs.

It seems surprising on the 10 round versions because S&W generally seems to be able to make reliable magazines that don't cost a fortune.
    I "think" it is a dimensions, tolerences issue. All four of those are quite tight fits, with very little, if any, give.

Quote Originally Posted by Tannhauser View Post
    The M&P ten rounders used the same body with different base extensions for (sub)compact and full-size grips. They wouldn’t seat on a closed slide because they were designed to comply with stupid laws. There was no give after the tenth round was loaded and some people complained the tenth round was impossible to load. All that was needed was to shave the follower legs down by a millimeter or two.

Quote Originally Posted by crosseyedshooter View Post
    The M&P ten rounders used the same body with different base extensions for (sub)compact and full-size grips. They wouldn’t seat on a closed slide because they were designed to comply with stupid laws. There was no give after the tenth round was loaded and some people complained the tenth round was impossible to load. All that was needed was to shave the follower legs down by a millimeter or two.
    Exactly. Which is what I did to mine. At a competition I discovered loading them on a closed chamber is a thing and is very difficult. I did what you mention and it works perfectly and can now be loaded on a closed chamber and cycles perfectly.

I cut those long tabs way down and cut 2 coils off the springs.

There was no issue with the way the guns ran without doing this. It was only loading on a closed chamber and loading ammo into the mags that were a problem.

As far as I know, there’s no issue with M&P 10rd mags in general. These things get spread on the internet too easily.

We just saw Erick have an issue and it already was changed into “10rd M&P mags are a problem.”

I read everything and I didn't see any comments about the striker block. For me, that is one of the best improvements provided with the Apex sear kits. The stock sear block has unpolished flats and angles and the stamped trigger bar grates on it. That makes the take up crunchy and uneven. The rounded and polished Apex striker block is a 200% improvement (scientific measurement!!! Or WAG).

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorsai View Post
    I read everything and I didn't see any comments about the striker block. For me, that is one of the best improvements provided with the Apex sear kits. The stock sear block has unpolished flats and angles and the stamped trigger bar grates on it. That makes the take up crunchy and uneven. The rounded and polished Apex striker block is a 200% improvement (scientific measurement!!! Or WAG).
    It certainly makes a difference in how clean the trigger feels when it breaks. I've even encountered factory striker blocks that are "sticky" in that they hang up when manually manipulated with a punch. The Apex unit doesn't do that, and it contributes to a very clean feeling press and break.
    3/15/2016

Iron sights

What are you all using for back up iron sights versus the sharp stock ones that come on the non LE CORE models?

How does the the Large backstrap on the 2.0's compare to the 1.0 size?

I'm experimenting with a friend's 1.0, which has the Large backstrap on it. It looks like the 2.0's come with 4 backstrap options, and I'm assuming the 1.0's only came with 3 options. Is the 1.0 Large and 2.0 large the same size, or is the 1.0 Large comparable to the 2.0 M-L (and the 2.0 Large is bigger)?

Do 2.0 backstraps fit the 1.0? If so, they're cheap enough I can buy the 2.0 backstraps and experiment.
    David S.

User Tag List