Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Place to Train

A Place to Train

I have been working towards this for the past 4 years or so, and now it is right around the corner.

Before August is done, I will have my BJJ Academy open. It will be in far NW Phoenix and we will have 1,400 square feet of mat space. The bulk of the classes will be jiujitsu, but there will be a couple of regular special classes a bit more narrow focused. There will be a regular class working the ECQC problem where we will develop MUC skills, standing and ground entangeld weapon fights, multiple opponents, ambiguous force decisions, striking, etc, all integrated together. Even the normal BJJ classes will have one day every week where all the classes will be working jiujitsu with strikes.

I have been dreaming of doing this for a very long time and I am ridiculously pumped. Anyone from P-F is welcome to come by if you are ever in Phoenix. Just drop me a PM to let me know you want to check it out.

Hopefully a lot of you will stop by when you are visiting AZ so I can put faces to screen names!
    Last edited by Cecil Burch; 08-04-2022 at 04:55 PM.
    For info about training or to contact me:
    Immediate Action Combatives

Site Supporter
    Congratulations and Good Fortune!!
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Awesome - congratulations!
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Man, if ever there was something that would get me to leave WA state for greener pastures, this is it.

As is, I’ll keep an eye on the calendar, and look for a good excuse to make the trip down.

Congratulations, professor, you’ve earned it.

”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

You don't know me, but I wish you a hearty congratulations, anyway!
    O judgment! Thou art fled to brutish beasts, And men have lost their reason.

That is great news. Makes me want to move to AZ.

Awesome Cecil....appreciate it

Saturday I spent about five hours cleaning some of the dust and debris left by the contractor and laying down the mats. Not in a permanent way because the contractor still has to finish the baseboards and some touch up, but we wanted to actually get a sense of the space with the mats essentially where they will be.

At that point, it really became real! LOL

Here’s some pics
    Attached Images Attached Images    

I think it ended up about1,400 sq ft of mat

Site Supporter
    That’s really awesome, Cecil! Congratulations. I’ll try to come by next time I’m in town.

User Tag List