Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recommend A Printer/Scanner

Laser. Laser. Laser.
    #RESIST

Brother laser printers are good to go.
    As for scanners, I think it is hard to go wrong with Fujitsu. My S300M has been working flawlessly since 2008.
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

We have a HP OfficeJet Pro 6978. It worked pretty well at first and then one of the color print jets clogged up. I tried the usual things and it is still clogged. We're probably looking for a color printer that takes the bottles of ink because of the cost of cartridges. We just print black for now. This is for home use.

I will jump on the Brother Laser Jet. I went black and white only as I don't need color.

Do you plan on doing a lot of scanning? If its only occasionally, save yourself some money and use the Adobe Scan app on your phone. Its free and I just email the doc to myself when I'm done and works great for my needs.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/adobe-...r/id1199564834

My Brother b/w all in one laser gets a fair amount of use and has been flawless.

An HP Envy 4520 series printer has endured seemingly forever, in our house. I am not the one who keeps it running, so cannot offer many specifics, but it has caused no drama,
    Last edited by Rex G; 08-06-2022 at 09:51 AM.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Quote Originally Posted by whomever View Post
    The replacement was an Epson 'Ecotank' one (a 2760 for us). You buy bottles of ink that last forever. We've had it a couple of years and we haven't emptied the bottles that came with it. So my advice is to look at whichever 'Ecotank' model has the features you want; a quick look shows some for under $300.
    They can have my Epson Eco-Tank when they pry it from my cold dead hands.

My favorite feature is that you can actually see the amount of ink in the tanks. No more relying on the printer utility to lie to you about needing to buy more ink.

I've had mine for about four years, and I think I've re-filled the tanks once or 11/2 times since then. A complete set of ink (four bottles, black + 3 colors) costs about $50 at Costco and Sam's Club.

Last edited by BCG; 08-11-2022 at 09:56 PM.
    Yippee ki-yay

User Tag List