Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Langdon Tactical Goes HK

Site Supporter

Stupid question for you all.........

I only handled a HK p30 once. (not fired, handled) I was looking at buying it, but the cost at the time, as well as the magazine release put a kabosh on it. (made no sense to buy a gun, and leave no ammo budget for training, and being the only gun I would have with a different magazine release, didn't make sense at the time).

How long does it take one to get comfortable with the different mag release?

Quote Originally Posted by beenalongtime View Post
    Stupid question for you all.........

I only handled a HK p30 once. (not fired, handled) I was looking at buying it, but the cost at the time, as well as the magazine release put a kabosh on it. (made no sense to buy a gun, and leave no ammo budget for training, and being the only gun I would have with a different magazine release, didn't make sense at the time).

For me, about 22 seconds.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by cornstalker View Post
    For me, about 22 seconds.
    I've got 2K to 3K rounds through HKs, which is not a lot, but I think second behind Glock for me. The paddle release is not a big deal to me. I would want to have a "carry rotation" with alternating paddle then button releases, but that difference is, in my opinion, not sufficient reason to avoid the HK. (But to be clear, my experience in the matter really doesn't amount to much.)

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    Maybe my fuse is too short today but I couldn't go past 40 sec of that video. Cliff notes? Anything particularly revealing?

Quote Originally Posted by beenalongtime View Post

Depends on a person and level of proficiency you're looking for. If you want to get USPSA fast, some long term users could not. Others could. For every day use, a few weeks of dry fire.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Maybe my fuse is too short today but I couldn't go past 40 sec of that video. Cliff notes? Anything particularly revealing?

Depends on a person and level of proficiency you're looking for. If you want to get USPSA fast, some long term users could not. Others could. For every day use, a few weeks of dry fire.
    Apparently John (who has trained with and made a few videos with EL) was involved in getting LTT connected with HK. John's been a huge proponent of the heretofore extremely expensive red dotted P30 builds, so the Langdon gun is actually a great (and short lead time) path to that. He does plan on swapping to the lighter trigger setup.

Does anyone have experience with those flat triggers? The photos make it look like it substantially increases trigger reach.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    Does anyone have experience with those flat triggers? The photos make it look like it substantially increases trigger reach.
    They seem to from the video of John just posted, I like the idea but any increase in trigger reach for me is always a deal breaker typically. It may be that the bottom tip of the trigger is the same but the middle part where the finger goes is definitely longer.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....raight-Trigger

It's a non-issue IMO. I didn't notice any significant increase in trigger reach. Also, the initial take up is so light that it's not like pulling a full weight DA/DAO trigger from that distance.

As far as getting used to paddle releases, I would say it's also not a big deal for a lot of people. Put in a few dozen reps in an afternoon, and honestly I think most people can get used to it just fine. To some degree, it might be a bit dependent on hand/finger size. For me, I find that sweeping my trigger finger down and hitting the paddle is the fastest and easiest by far. That may or may not work for someone with really long fingers.

User Tag List