Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Langdon Tactical Goes HK

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    The real reasoning behind the paddle release is there was no other place to easily place it on the HK P7 when they converted it away from the heel release. Then, they realized it was a pretty neat solution and used it from there.
    Not correct, they went away from the heel release because it was the culprit for lost magazines in the field. As with everything H&K does, there's so often a contract requirement behind it and this was no different... the German police made it a requirement and they obliged.

Quote Originally Posted by Thy.Will.Be.Done View Post
    Not correct, they went away from the heel release because it was the culprit for lost magazines in the field. As with everything H&K does, there's so often a contract requirement behind it and this was no different... the German police made it a requirement and they obliged.
    The paddle release was a work-around developed for the US Military trials and the New Jersey police because they didn't want the European style heel release. The squeeze cocker made it difficult to incorporate a traditional button mag release so they came up with the paddles. HK was similarly shy about changing the lockwork when they developed the P7m13, that is why it tapers from a double feed to a single feed tower. They pretended in marketing literature that it was a reliability measure, but it was actually to save development and manufacturing costs

Also, the accidental mag ejection issue was addressed by a flush European heel release for customers who still preferred the heel release. You can even find older P7's converted to this style release with new grips. They were still offering the heel release until at least 97.

Site Supporter
    Anyone have one of these in hand yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Hstanton1 View Post
    Anyone have one of these in hand yet?
    Mine shipped today so I'll try to report when it arrives. P30L LEM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Controlledpairs2 View Post
    Mine shipped today so I'll try to report when it arrives. P30L LEM.
    Looking forward to hearing your impressions. I’ve got a trade pending for a P30L V4.1, so I’m going to see how I do with the base gun before sending it in for a RDO cut at least and maybe the straight trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Ed View Post
    Sigh. I literally just bought an LTT 92 RDO with all the trimmings because I didn't have a red dot-compatible gun that I liked and trusted (I have a 229 RXP somewhere which is "nice" but I really don't trust it very much). And now, someone I've heard of and that doesn't have a mile long "They do good work, BUT ..." attached to every review, finally offered a complete solution.

I need more money...
    Misery loves company. I am in the exact same position. It’s not exactly misery, because I do really like it, but it is pretty darn heavy. This is my first experience with pistol-mounted RDS and I am becoming increasingly convinced that concept maturity looks like a closed-emitter with the ACRO type footprint. That’s not available on these LTT HKs at this point, but I’ll be watching. HK DA triggers have always put me off, but the LTT magic could probably make me a believer.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by dogcaller View Post
    Misery loves company. I am in the exact same position. It’s not exactly misery, because I do really like it, but it is pretty darn heavy. This is my first experience with pistol-mounted RDS and I am becoming increasingly convinced that concept maturity looks like a closed-emitter with the ACRO type footprint. That’s not available on these LTT HKs at this point, but I’ll be watching. HK DA triggers have always put me off, but the LTT magic could probably make me a believer.
    LTT has holosun 509t plates for the beretta, so it shouldn’t be too long before that comes out for the HKs. I think Wright Armory has 509 and ACRO plates for the HK if I’m not mistaken.

LTT has holosun 509t plates for the beretta, so it shouldn’t be too long before that comes out for the HKs. I think Wright Armory has 509 and ACRO plates for the HK if I’m not mistaken.
    This is correct

https://wrightarmory.com/i-dot/

Yeah, but what I really meant is that I would much prefer a direct mount to the slide, because there will still be 3 little screws securing the plate to the slide. I’m just dipping my toe in the RDO world but it certainly seems to be a fundamental weakness of the state of the art. I’ve read the threads, followed the protocols precisely, and I still have to mess with loosening plate or sight every few hundred rounds. I will happily concede that I have not yet got it “down,” but it shouldn’t be this involved. As it is, with a match next weekend, I’m sitting and waiting on new screws to arrive before I remount/resight, because of the other (very reasonable and insightful) thread with advice not to reuse mounting screws. I certainly don’t want to shear a head—then I’d really be screwed…

https://youtu.be/UmaEWByBVD8

Optics mounting solution comparison

User Tag List