Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Langdon Tactical Goes HK

Quote Originally Posted by cornstalker View Post
    That's what it was for me. I had a P30L V1 for a while. Took it through Gabe White's class. I sold it because the long reset was challenging the performance standards I was chasing at the time. Still have a P30SK V1 that the wife took over. The V3's I have tried felt like they would take a lot more time investment in mastering the trigger than I wanted to commit to.

Now I have accepted the fact that I am old and slow, but still want a better trigger.
    I have a P30L, P30, and an HK45. The triggers as they come from the factory have a long reset. I noticed quite a difference compared to my Glocks, VP9s, 1911s. I remember once I was shooting the HK45 in a class and I did not let the trigger out all the way to reset. So I sent them to Gray Guns and had the shortened reset package. Now I can shoot them completely interchangeably with the other guns and not experience any issues.

Another thing that I had done to the P 30, the P 30L, and the HK45 is to have the groove removed in the lower inside of the trigger guard. That used to whack my finger during recoil and be uncomfortable. Interestingly, the VP nine has the same group but is not a problem. This is because the slide and rear grip of the VP nine is different and is higher to allow me to grip the gun higher up in a changes dynamics of of where my finger is during recoil.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Same plate as they put on their 92s, or different?

Similar principle but certainly not the exact same plate.

Vending Machine Operator
    I've always loved the P30. I only had mine briefly before I did my debt-wiping gun selloff. I've been meaning to get another one and this might end up being it. Kudos to LTT continuing to choose solid-ass platforms to work on.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Ed L View Post
    I have a P30L, P30, and an HK45. The triggers as they come from the factory have a long reset. I noticed quite a difference compared to my Glocks, VP9s, 1911s. I remember once I was shooting the HK45 in a class and I did not let the trigger out all the way to reset. So I sent them to Gray Guns and had the shortened reset package. Now I can shoot them completely interchangeably with the other guns and not experience any issues.

Another thing that I had done to the P 30, the P 30L, and the HK45 is to have the groove removed in the lower inside of the trigger guard. That used to whack my finger during recoil and be uncomfortable. Interestingly, the VP nine has the same group but is not a problem. This is because the slide and rear grip of the VP nine is different and is higher to allow me to grip the gun higher up in a changes dynamics of of where my finger is during recoil.
    Honestly, everybody craps on the long reset but it's worth noting that these are NOT target pistols! The length is to give tactile feedback as to what is happening in the pull and prevent ND's, I find it works quite well for this myself and feel it's far more important than minor improvements in shootability.

Quote Originally Posted by Thy.Will.Be.Done View Post
    Honestly, everybody craps on the long reset but it's worth noting that these are NOT target pistols! The length is to give tactile feedback as to what is happening in the pull and prevent ND's, I find it works quite well for this myself and feel it's far more important than minor improvements in shootability.
    If I only had HK guns of this type the reset would not be an issue because you would be used to them. But if you also have guns with shorter resets, you can wind up failing to let the HK trigger go far enough to reset. This happened to me a few times. After having the reset of the HK guns shortened, I could use them interchangeably with my other guns without an issue. Still, I like HK guns enough that I would own them even if I could not have this work done.

I'm eager to find out more. What do they refinish the slide in? How do you access the roll pin to remove the firing pin with an optic plate on top (i.e. is there a hole for access)? Will they be offering NP3 for small parts like the Beretta? When will they have a plate setup for either a 509, Acro, or the Steiner enclosed optic? Are any of the internal parts in the slide different like on the 92?

I'm saving now to order one depending upon the details that come out. I'd really like to try an LEM trigger I think after hearing about it on these forums. Worse case, I don't like it and sell it off or put it back in the safe, or use if for John Wick cosplay (jk). And, if more info comes out and I'm less interested, I need a medium size .357, so the saved money won't go to waste! lol

Most HK parts are already coated. Wouldn't this coating need to be removed before NP3 could be applied?

Something I notice when comparing the rear sights of the P30 and PX4 is the HK rear sights are further back relative to the grip. At least this is subjective to my eyes maybe there's a way to measure objectively. This is may give the HK an edge for strong side IWB with a RDO. The further back the RDO can be placed, the deeper and more cant you can have the gun holstered IWB. This is the reason I have been opting against a RDO on my PX4 compact.

Anybody order one? Or two?

User Tag List