Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Langdon Tactical Goes HK

Quote Originally Posted by cornstalker View Post
    Very much so. Should probably buy one a month for two months to leverage dollar cost averaging.
    Placed 8th in the 1998 Independence Elementary School Bee and multiple time fire ant bite survivor.
    Guns- LTT Beretta 92 Elite, LTT Beretta 92c w/SRO, Beretta 80X, HK P30, HK P30sk, P365xl, Beretta 1301 comp, DDM4V7P, and some poverty pieces too.

I never could figure out why the P-30 isn't more popular. Is it the trigger?

I have one but it's the defiled V-1 LEM so I can't really compare it to a normal P-30 trigger. I hear they aren't that great.

If anyone can tune it up it would be LT.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post

I have one but it's the defiled V-1 LEM so I can't really compare it to a normal P-30 trigger. I hear they aren't that great.

if anyone can tune it up it would be LT.
    That's what it was for me. I had a P30L V1 for a while. Took it through Gabe White's class. I sold it because the long reset was challenging the performance standards I was chasing at the time. Still have a P30SK V1 that the wife took over. The V3's I have tried felt like they would take a lot more time investment in mastering the trigger than I wanted to commit to.

Now I have accepted the fact that I am old and slow, but still want a better trigger.

I suspect the challenges around adoption were trigger, price, not a Glock, split times, magazine release, H&K pursuit of the US civilian market. The last item is where every other challenge stems from. Market analysis, product management, market penetration.

If anyone can tune it up it would be LT.
    AFAIK, HK charges substantially more for agency purchases than Glock, S&W, SIG, etc.

Remember that the prices we see as private consumers is not reflective of what agencies are paying. If you're a particularly lucrative contract such as a large PD, state agency, etc.....the other manufacturers will play the loss-leader game and might give you the new guns for free in exchange for the rights to your old guns (which Glock/SIG then sell off to a distributor), as they know they'll make up the sales later due to the influence that contract holds. Especially useful for state contracts, where the primary customer/state police agency gets their initial tranche of guns for free and any local agencies piggy-backing on the contract can do so for a substantially reduced price, buying off the state contract. That happens with things other than guns like vehicles, too, which is why in certain areas of the US you might see local agencies using the same vehicle (say, Chevy Tahoe) as the state police, because they can get a Chevy Tahoe off the state contract for ~$20k whereas if they wanted to buy something else on their own they're going to pay full price for it.

Comparatively, HK lays out a price and that price is the price, with no exchange offer on your current guns, and usually an order of magnitude more than the competitors. While HKs customer service has improved, their CS still leaves a lot to be desired. I know of one federal agency who ditched the MP7 for a new 9mm PDW-style SMG specifically because of HKs lack of support. James Williamson of Teufulshund Tactical has a successful business providing aftermarket HK armorer services to agencies for a reason....

...and that last part is going to make the most impact on a contract among all other factors. No administrator wants to buy something that lacks support; they want a lasting and durable firearms program where the factory support isn't contingent on the personality of who is working for the company at that point in time and whether they want to help or just pick boogers.
    Last edited by TGS; 08-04-2022 at 11:20 AM.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

You might be asking yourself, Why the P30?
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

They're on his website now, here.

The RDO cut is not available for the SK (not surprisingly).

They offer a Cali P2000 variant. If they offer that nationwide I will pick one up. I’ve always had a soft spot for the p2000.

Placed 8th in the 1998 Independence Elementary School Bee and multiple time fire ant bite survivor.
    Guns- LTT Beretta 92 Elite, LTT Beretta 92c w/SRO, Beretta 80X, HK P30, HK P30sk, P365xl, Beretta 1301 comp, DDM4V7P, and some poverty pieces too.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    They offer a Cali P2000 variant. If they offer that nationwide I will pick one up. I’ve always had a soft spot for the p2000.
    Would a Cali ok version just mean 10 round mags?

The trigger on the P2000 would be interesting to see after LTT work.

User Tag List