Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast

Thread: Langdon Tactical Goes HK

I appreciate the feedback, I’d probably go TDA given my familiarity with it and the fact the LTT work is a stark improvement. I’ve shot a P30 on a few occasions and didn’t even find the factory TDA trigger that bad, just had a long reset.

One more question, how do HK barrels get along with cast lead bullets? Is it a no go? I shoot a lot of my cast reloads and like have hard cast loaded when I’m in the woods.

ETA: The DB post on the LEM trigger is what got me to join this forum, funny enough I never bought a gun with that trigger system.
    Last edited by NPV; 02-14-2023 at 11:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NPV View Post
    I appreciate the feedback, I’d probably go TDA given my familiarity with it and the fact the LTT work is a stark improvement. I’ve shot a P30 on a few occasions and didn’t even find the factory TDA trigger that bad, just had a long reset.

One more question, how do HK barrels get along with cast lead bullets? Is it a no go? I shoot a lot of my cast reloads and like have hard cast loaded when I’m in the woods.

ETA: The DB post on the LEM trigger is what got me to join this forum, funny enough I never bought a gun with that trigger system.
    I’ve only ever tried them in an HK45. I was not impressed with the accuracy, so I didn’t shoot very many.

So, is there a lower limit to the hammer spring weight that is needed for reliable ignition? I recall that Beretta 92 series may not reliably ignite all primers with 11-13# springs. Is this is an issue for the HK?
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

I wouldn't go lower than a USP Match hammer spring, which was iirc around 11lb. While HK P30s use the same hammer spring as stock from the USP, using the match hammer spring is a YMMV venture since as far as I know it's not an official thing...

Does anyone know if Langdon offers removal of the trough inside the trigger guard?

That area was a constant bother to me when I had a P30.

Or does anyone know if the flat trigger helps with that issue?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Serpico1985 View Post
    Does anyone know if Langdon offers removal of the trough inside the trigger guard?

That area was a constant bother to me when I had a P30.

Or does anyone know if the flat trigger helps with that issue?

Thanks.
    I have flat triggers in my P30s and haven’t noticed the trough while dry firing or shooting.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Have you ever shot a P30 with a normal factory curved trigger and had the trough bother you?

Quote Originally Posted by Serpico1985 View Post
    Have you ever shot a P30 with a normal factory curved trigger and had the trough bother you?
    Yes - my first one annoyed me, the curve of the trigger allowed for my fingertip to gutter dive. It was more pronounced in dry fire, but I quickly switched to a GG flat trigger.

I’ve wondered if a printed filler would work here, but it’s shallow enough that removal is probably the best option. I just don’t feel like shipping any of mine out to have it done.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Roger. That's why I was wondering if LTT offered that as an option if buying direct from them. Wouldn't have to send the gun anywhere, have it right the first time. I would assume not since there is no mention of it anywhere.

If I remember correctly I think Boresight Solutions was offering the trough removal along with their grip treatment years back.

It's literally the only hang up I have about the P30/L. That gun is the most comfortable and easiest to manipulate off all the guns I've shot. I can do everything easily without compromising my grip. It may not translate to time on the clock or points on the target but it makes the shooting experience more enjoyable.

Thanks again for your input!

Does ltt do trigger work on hk p2000 lems? Idk if mine needs it, the reset is pretty nice on my example and the break isn't terrible. I know lazy wolf is an option but that's about a 400 dollar trigger job.

User Tag List