Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Langdon Tactical Goes HK

Quote Originally Posted by LukeNCMX View Post
    Get it hard chromed instead

Attachment 100729
    I’m not really a fan of the reverse two tone look, but maybe that hard chrome could change my mind.

I have almost 200rds through my LTT P30, I’ll monitor how the finish holds up.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    @LangdonTactical, is it possible to specify no full slide refinish with your P30 RDO cut? I asked the question to your CS and was told it’s mandatory, but thought I’d reach out to you directly. I really don’t want to lose the factory HK finish. Thanks!
    So it is a carbon steel slide, and it would be exposed without finishing the whole slide. Yes, it is possible to tape off the slide, bead blast the area, repaint just the area that was cut. But it is very time consuming and we have not had great results with that process. Refinishing the whole slide works out much better.

We did about 1200 of them last year with no issues.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    So it is a carbon steel slide, and it would be exposed without finishing the whole slide. Yes, it is possible to tape off the slide, bead blast the area, repaint just the area that was cut. But it is very time consuming and we have not had great results with that process. Refinishing the whole slide works out much better.

We did about 1200 of them last year with no issues.
    Thanks for the reply! Is there any chance you could send it to a nitriding shop?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Thanks for the reply! Is there any chance you could send it to a nitriding shop?
    Not at this time.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    Not at this time.
    Thanks, Ernest!
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

Has anyone got their hands on a DA/SA version yet? I’m considering picking one of these up and am waffling between the LEM and DA/SA. I used to carry a P22X as my primary so I have a fair bit of time on TDA but for the past 6 years it’s been all 1911 and I’m intrigued by the LEM.

Trying to see just how improved the pull and reset are on the TDA guns.

Quote Originally Posted by NPV View Post
    Has anyone got their hands on a DA/SA version yet? I’m considering picking one of these up and am waffling between the LEM and DA/SA. I used to carry a P22X as my primary so I have a fair bit of time on TDA but for the past 6 years it’s been all 1911 and I’m intrigued by the LEM.

Only a partial answer, but I have a fair amount of experience with 1911s and LEMs in various P2000, 2000SK and 45C models. And some, with an LTT PX4 CC. Even less with a DA/SA P30 with very minor changes.

Prefaced with my personal limitations of having small hands and a curmudgeonly mind, I just couldn't wrap my brain around the DA/SA action, at least to my satisfaction of potentially using it in a stressful situation. The gun shot well, and the action, both DA and SA, was smooth as could be, but I just had trouble with my hand size fitting the gun. So that's on me. Aside: Having taken a couple of courses with Ernest, I can attest that the DA/SA action is awesome when run by a skilled operator!

To the LEM: It's been well-documented in several threads, particularly by @DB and @GJM, and much better than I can. The LEM's forte, as has been widely described, is that its longer trigger pull allows for more "thought" and is thus "safer" than a striker fired pistol. And I think that's true, at least for a practiced shooter (I'm not sure most inexperienced shooter would discern the difference: a trigger jerk is what it is). The long takeup does make it slower than a SA or striker-fired trigger, but only shooting at a speed that might not be practical in many cases. And it's not a trigger that allows one to jump back and forth between it and a SA or striker.

[NOTE: All the above is my experience. Take it with a grain . . .]

I value a "safe" gun highly. Since I have decades of experience with a 1911's manual safety, I can use it instinctively, although I like to stick with a 4-lb trigger (+/- a bit). I also like the LEM, but seldom use it any more. To be honest, I mostly carry a P365 with a manual safety and red dot. But that's more a size/weight and, really, a vision thing. Nothing at all wrong with the LEM, if it suits your needs.

Not a LTT version, but a stock P30LS v3 to which I added a GG short reset kit and flat trigger and tinkered with the springs. It’s far from the worst TDA trigger I’ve experienced, but the DA is heavy compared to my LTT Berettas. The SA is very, very nice though. I ended up converting it to LEM which I prefer, but I may move it down the road and replace it with a P30L v1.

I suspect the Langdonized DA/SA trigger is a lot nicer than mine.
    Ken

I've carried and trained with the P30 v3 for about 6 years now and have a bunch of them. Originally I had both the DA/SA and LEM versions--they have very different feels and for me it is difficult to get used to one and then switch to the other. The LEM felt a bit too weird to me at speed, as I am a shooter who likes to feel the resistance of the heavier first pull. I agree with HeavyDuty that the v3 SA pull is awesome. It's light, but not too light, with a very satisfying break. You lose a little of the SA magic with the GG short reset kit, but you get a better reset distance. I also swap the hammer springs of all my guns to reduce the pull weight. You can also swap out the firing pin block spring to lighten it a bit more (comes with the GG kit). I haven't tried an LTT-tuned P30, but my carry gun has been shot so much that the trigger really cannot be improved upon (for me). If a new LTT gun has a trigger as good as my well-worn P30, that would really be something. All this being said, I'm not a "trigger guy". I use the P30 because it's the gun I shoot the best, pretty much on par with a Glock 19. Split times are faster with the G19, but I can make up for this on the draw--I can draw the P30 faster because of the contoured grip, which gives you a "thumb channel" (I'm talking draw from appendix position here). The one feature of the LEM I like over the v3 is the bobbed hammer, which is ideal for appendix carry. Spurred hammers are useless to me, as I never manually cock.

I have a LTT P30L
    LTT Trigger Job + 11lb HS,
    HK P30 Sight Options: Trijicon HD-XR (Yellow Front)

The DA/SA is much better than my stock P30 & P30L
    JMO it shoots like a High End 1911 9mm... I do a lot of slow fire shooting at 25 yards, the LTT P30L shooting all rounds in DA .. I am getting scores in the low 90's on a B8 indoors.
    Doing drills, I am faster and more accurate.

Their customer service is A+ Mr. Langdon is a class act.

User Tag List