Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Turn-key SBS options

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    That’s the one I’m considering - I’d almost certainly swap out the furniture for Magpul.
    That’s my issued (take-home) shotgun. When I’m on the clock I have a 6933. I’d rather have an issued rifle, as opposed to pool rifle, but as Don Rumsfeld once said, “You go to war with the army you have, not the army you might want or wish to have at a later time.” Not that where I work is “war,” but I digress.

I’ve made a few upgrades: Magpul stock, Streamlight TL Racker, Aridus CROM w/ Holosun 507, single point sling, Brownells Enhanced Safety Button, Esstac card and S&J Hardware follower. We’re issued Ranger low-recoil slugs.

GT Distributors in Pfluegerville (austin), as of yesterday, has a Wilson Combat SBS 870 for $700. SF forend, all kinds of extras. I know it's not a M590A1, but that's a good price.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian T View Post
    GT Distributors in Pfluegerville (austin), as of yesterday, has a Wilson Combat SBS 870 for $700. SF forend, all kinds of extras. I know it's not a M590A1, but that's a good price.
    Nice gun, but I’m committed to the tang safety on the Mossbergs. My 1301T is the exception, and I still need to work more with it.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    I believe the current 590 Shockwaves have drilled & tapped receivers.
    Seems like the easy button would be to get a Shockwave, file a Form 1, and go with a set of XS sights or an RMR/Holosun on a Scalarworks mount. Then the stock of your choice once the Form 1 is approved of course.

Primary Arms has the 12ga Shockwaves for $379 right now

I did the Shockwave option, had a ghostie front added, went with an Aridus CROM mount and Holosun 507, and had it threaded for chokes. I like it, even if it's making me actively suck more at 3-gun

Disregard

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I’ve always wanted a short barreled shotgun, but until just a few years ago lived in a state where they were not allowed. Now I can have one if I pay the tax. Yes, I know you don’t save a lot of length compared to an 18” tube, but it’s a want thing. After growing up with 870s I came to much prefer the Mossberg safety position.

I’m looking at a 51689 590A1, I would swap out the furniture for Magpul and add a white light - that’s it.

My other option is to rebuild my 590A1 with the short tube and magazine. Per an email, Mossberg doesn’t sell the parts so I’d be on the secondary market.

Ideas?
    ACME Sports Inc in Seymour, IN has agency trade in SBS 590a1’s. These are the same guys that recently had ISP 870 Police trade ins that the internet went bonkers over. I know several people who bought 870’s. You just have to call them to setup payment and they will ship to a local FFL.

Name:  BD4A78AB-37E9-4A4B-A4E8-4618DD8E624F.jpg
Views: 196
Size:  31.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by 167 View Post
    ACME Sports Inc in Seymour, IN has agency trade in SBS 590a1’s. These are the same guys that recently had ISP 870 Police trade ins that the internet went bonkers over. I know several people who bought 870’s. You just have to call them to setup payment and they will ship to a local FFL.

Name:  BD4A78AB-37E9-4A4B-A4E8-4618DD8E624F.jpg
Views: 196
Size:  31.8 KB
    Thanks for the lead!
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List