Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kimber k6s —who’s got a high round count example?

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Sorry for this probably obvious question: Is that because it's uncomfortable or because of wear/damage to the gun?
    The former: full-power 125gr .357 in that gun—or any pint sized, 23-25 oz gun, IMHO—is brutal. The limit is my hands, not the gun. I mean, I’m sure that a steady diet of old-school 125 SJHP wouldn’t do the K6 any favors over the long haul, but I don’t think I could personally run enough of them to crater the gun.

”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    The former: full-power 125gr .357 in that gun—or any pint sized, 23-25 oz gun, IMHO—is brutal. The limit is my hands, not the gun. I mean, I’m sure that a steady diet of old-school 125 SJHP wouldn’t do the K6 any favors over the long haul, but I don’t think I could personally run enough of them to crater the gun.

I carry my 2” Colt King Cobra Carry, but use .38 Special +P. I’ve shot .357 Magnum out of the revolver at the range, but I was wearing hearing protection. I can imagine being rendered dazed and confused by .357 without hearing protection. 😳

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankB View Post
    I carry my 2” Colt King Cobra Carry, but use .38 Special +P. I’ve shot .357 Magnum out of the revolver at the range, but I was wearing hearing protection. I can imagine being rendered dazed and confused by .357 without hearing protection. 😳
    I remember, it had to have been before 9/11, when we ran an IDPA regional or state match, I think it was a regional, at the Blackwater facility. I was shooting a 686 at the time, I don’t remember if it was the 2.5” or 4”, but I was using full house magnums. Anyhow the timer malfunctioned going through a shoot house stage and Dave, I think that was right, an older Navy guy, told me I’d have to run it again and I told him I’d rather not to which he said he didn’t want to either

Round count ammo

When I started this thread, I neglected to say that I would likely not fire too many .357 rounds through the K6S. I would be practicing with 38 special and carry Federal HST + p 130 grain 38 special or Buffalo Bore 38 wadcutters or the like. I have fired enough .357 out of j frames to know it is not something I’d be willing to beat up my hands practicing enough to get good at. I think it is cool to have a 6th round of 38/357 in such a compact package.
    Thanks again for all the replies.
    Tar
    Last edited by Tarrrnation!; 08-04-2022 at 09:51 PM.

Site Supporter
    My K6 has the rubber boot grips. I shot a 50 round box of 125 grain golden saber when I bought it. I meant to just shoot about 12 to make sure it grouped well, but it was quite the rush firing .357 out of that gun. It only got uncomfortable when I shot some 158s, but it wasn't horrible. The fireball was pretty crazy from any .357. After the box of 50 and 12 158 grain federal soft points I haven't put any more .357. I felt it was a waste out of that short barrel. But if it came down to using 125 grain loads it wouldn't be too bad. I will say its much more controllable with .38 spa or .38+p rounds.

Bumping this thread because it's the most recent K6 thread.

My patience with clowns on youtube is exhausted. Does anyone here have a DA/SA version with the exposed hammer? Can you comment on how much of the rear sight that enormous spur obscures?

Nothing on the internet I've found shows the sight picture. I know, it's of minimal importance. Much more critical are mensa candidates on youtube commenting on how "smooth" and "slim" it is. That is helpful information.

Site Supporter
    I’m also interested in that. The hammer on my LCRx does not obscure the sight picture, but the K6 hammer looks larger.

Really wish DAO revolvers with bobbed/spurless hammers were more common. Yet another thing Taurus gets right.

Quote Originally Posted by jh9 View Post
    My patience with clowns on youtube is exhausted.
    Your first mistake was expecting to find anything of substance on YouBoob, especially related to long-term durability.

You might have to be the first guy though the door.

My patience with clowns on youtube is exhausted. Does anyone here have a DA/SA version with the exposed hammer? Can you comment on how much of the rear sight that enormous spur obscures?

Nothing on the internet I've found shows the sight picture. I know, it's of minimal importance. Much more critical are mensa candidates on youtube commenting on how "smooth" and "slim" it is. That is helpful information.
    I need to stop by the LGS later today. They’re a Kimber dealer—I might be able to find out for you depending on what’s in stock. No promises, but I’ll look.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Will pics of a 4" K6S Target work?

Name:  IMG_5390.jpg
Views: 322
Size:  39.3 KB
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

User Tag List