Thread: MTR Gunleather IWB holster for S&W Shield

Site Supporter

MTR Gunleather IWB holster for S&W Shield

I was the recipient of some very generous M&P Shield Karma from @flyrodr awhile back. Among the items I received is a nice looking RH IWB leather holster from MTR Gunleather. My Shield is equipped with the excellent oversized thumb safety from @UNK, so it won't fit correctly in this one. Rather than cut the sweat guard down to make it work, I'd rather pass it along to someone who can use it as-is. Let me know if you have a need for it!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave J View Post
    I was the recipient of some very generous M&P Shield Karma from @flyrodr awhile back. Among the items I received is a nice looking RH IWB leather holster from MTR Gunleather. My Shield is equipped with the excellent oversized thumb safety from @UNK, so it won't fit correctly in this one. Rather than cut the sweat guard down to make it work, I'd rather pass it along to someone who can use it as-is. Let me know if you have a need for it!
    Ive got a mold I can send to holster makers or sell you to remold your own holster if its kydex type material. They need to have a shield with the thumb safety installed in order to use it, its profiled to exactly match the safety instead of a blocked off area. I thought it would be more comfortable being contoured if you are right handed and its against your body.
    I dont know if it would work with a leather holster.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Quote Originally Posted by Dave J View Post
    Have you tried dampening the holster around the safety to see if you can mold it?
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    Have you tried dampening the holster around the safety to see if you can mold it?
    It's double layered and sewn, so I don't think there's much chance of getting it to mold enough. Thinner leather, I'd probably give it a go. My kydex holsters are adequately modified, so I have options.

I've been attempting to add pictures, but the forum seems uncooperative this evening.

I am in for this! Thanks!

Please count me in!
    Thank You.

I'm in thanks

Site Supporter
    Sorry for the delayed reply. Seems like the forum has been quirky lately, especially on Tapatalk.

Random number generator came up with 3, so that means @hk45c gets first dibs.

I realized that I never mentioned it has a spring steel belt clip. If that makes you not want it, please let me know. Otherwise, please PM me your address, and I'll get it shipped out.

Name:  IMG_9288.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  69.3 KB Name:  IMG_9289.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  69.0 KB

Awesome I sent you a PM

User Tag List