Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2022 .22 Showdown

M&p compact 22 is good heard full size is not

Have the compact and a G44

MP compact is very reliable and very accurate.

The G 44 is starting to run better but not as accurate will likely get rid of it and get another M&P compact

For me the Ruger 22/45 mkiv is still the best option. Its not a perfect trainer in that the trigger, manual of arms, and grip angle do not match my serious use handguns, but nonetheless its pretty great for a number of different things.
    -It has outstanding precision (7" at 100yds with mini mags)
    -can easily take any red dot (i use the madmaccs center mount)
    -is really reliable for a 22lr
    -lots of aftermarket parts
    -can safely dry fire as much as you want
    -great American company with great customer service

On the Beretta 22 conversion, my own experience is it is nearly worthless. I have to use an 18lb hammer spring to get it to reliably ignite Federal primers. The trigger with an 18lb spring is so different (i.e. crappy) compared to whatever spring my LTT comes with, its like a totally different gun. And for all that the reliability is still iffy and it cant take a red dot.

Site Supporter
    Unless you are running a TDA, the m9-22 doesn't make sense.

That said, mine is extraordinarily accurate and reliable. The trigger is much heavier than the LTT tricked out Berettas, but it still is very easy to shoot

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Choices

I’ve had a Ruger Mark II for years, and though heavy, it been reliable and Ive added a RDS on a pic rail….

Bought a Sig P322 a few months ago and have about 1500 rounds through it. It’s had a few bobbles…but once I learned about how to load the cartridges, it’s very reliable and fun to shoot…has a 20 round magazine and easy to add the 507k.

I don’t buy Taurus guns…been there, done that…..but I’ve heard good things about their TX22.

George

Name:  2A4AF978-E3BC-40F5-BEA1-961388723EDF.jpg
Views: 513
Size:  99.9 KB
    Last edited by walker2713; 08-02-2022 at 03:31 PM.
    Gun Free Zones Aren’t an Inhibition….they’re an Invitation.

I just hit 1000rds with my G44, purchased 2 months ago.

850rd Aguila Super Extra HV
    100rd CCI standard
    50rd Aguila subsonic

I have not had a single malfunction using the factory G44 mags. IÂ’ve also fired 90rds through 3x Promags loaded to 15rd, and they also worked flawlessly (but more testing is needed.)

I did a improvised break in prior to firing; I donÂ’t know if it helped but it didnÂ’t hurt.

G44 Break in:
    -Hand cycled slide 300x
    -Left slide locked back overnight
    -Magazine spring cycled up and down 50x
    -Mags left loaded overnight
    -G44 field stripped and sprayed with Hornady One Shot dry lube, including feed ramp and chamber

Sample size of one, but following that mines been 100% reliable even with subsonic ammo.

Local store/range has a Walther PPQ .22 out for rental; NOT P22 Q.
    Good sized, good trigger, reliable for the short spell I had it.
    I'd like to see the 5" version.

Their P322 was good, too; and held more shots.

I have a Plastic M&P .22 Compact, bought because Made in USA had a better reputation than full size foreign gun.
    Very reliable but dinky size, tough trigger.

All my Glocking friends have Glock 44s. Generally reliable and familiar feel and operation.

Any are suitable for basic instruction and practice.
    I find one fault with the type. They are too light. They have aluminum slides to be kicked back by .22 blowback.
    I guess a half slide behind a steel barrel would add cost and alter the appearance, but I sure like my Nelson 1911 upper.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

I went with a Beretta 87 myself, and like it.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    I went with a Beretta 87 myself, and like it.
    Oh that's classy.

I'm probably going to grab the G44 for now but some of the posts here will have me looking at Ruger Mark II/III/IV and 22/45 sales as well. I do have pretty great luck with Ruger stuff running even if it's not fancy.

Sincerely appreciate all the perspectives.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

I have had all kinds of plinking grade .22's through the years and these are the only .22 pistols I currently have left. Both have been very reliable and plenty accurate with the ammo I shoot through them. The Buckmark has all the internal upgrades, Outerlimits universal MRDS optics rail and a Trijicon SRO and a Tandemkross holster. I plan on having the local leather shop cut around two inches off the end of the holster to better fit the Buckmark's barrel length and because I can. The *fixed* barrel Sig P322 is stock except for a few minor reliability tweaks by me, and a recently added Holosun EPS Carry 2 MOA RDS. The holster and mag carrier is by Vedder.

Last edited by Biggy; 08-02-2022 at 06:05 PM.

I picked a Taurus TX22 and have been very satisfied with it. Uses the same holster has my FNH FNS 9mm and has the same manual of arms. I’ve had zero malfunctions with it. So far I got about 600 rds down range, using Federal Punch, Aguilla HV, Federal Auto Match and some old Olin white box. Since I bought it, I’ve quit shooting my Ruger MkIII Target pistol.

This is my fourth Taurus and all four have been great guns. PT111 Mil G2, a mother G2, a 627 Tracker .357 and the TX22.

User Tag List