Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 2022 .22 Showdown

Quote Originally Posted by EMC View Post
    My favorite so far has been my Browning 1911-22 shot show edition. Eats everything. A bit small for large hands but for teaching the wife and kids it's very friendly and quite fun for casual range time. Field strips just like its big brother.

I'm waiting to see if the Sig P322 will supplant its reign as the fun gun.
    Those scaled down 1911s are really appealing to me. Great to hear it runs well.

I really blew it by not buying a Beretta 70S in .22 many years ago when I looked at one priced low as they used to be, that came with a bunch of magazines. Maybe "beaver will shine again".
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Site Supporter
    Shot a friends p322 today. It was wearing a silencerco suppressor, I don’t remember the name. Between us there were 6ish FTE’s while we were going through most of a 50rd box of ammo (I didn’t check what ammo he had) Running the slide fixed things. I didn’t keep a real close malfunction count because a. Half the time we were shooting at mice in an abandoned barn and b. He didn’t seem to care too much and it’s not my pistol.

I also found that my standar high register with my trigger finger would activate the slide release, which means I would have to dremel the right side slide release lever even with the frame if it was mine.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    If I didn't already have two Ruger Mark3s with a bunch of reliability enhancements, I'd buy a G44--except for the lack of RDS mounting.
    Nelson Precision makes a slide for the G44 cut for the Holosun 507K. The original version was cut for the RMR, but got changed to the lighter optic for reliability. I prefer irons forward whenever possible, and he confirmed those are in the works.

Quote Originally Posted by 757_Magnum View Post
    Nelson Precision makes a slide for the G44 cut for the Holosun 507K. The original version was cut for the RMR, but got changed to the lighter optic for reliability. I prefer irons forward whenever possible, and he confirmed those are in the works.
    Are they ever going to be a real thing? I've been tracking their site for what seems like a couple of years and they have been unobtainium for a long time. I would go with the G44 if I could get this slide at the same time. With my luck, Glock would release a MOS G44 before a preorder ever produced a real product from Nelson.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by stomridertx View Post
    Are they ever going to be a real thing? I've been tracking their site for what seems like a couple of years and they have been unobtainium for a long time. I would go with the G44 if I could get this slide at the same time. With my luck, Glock would release a MOS G44 before a preorder ever produced a real product from Nelson.
    Yeah, they've been selling for quite a while now. The current batch is slated to ship in September. Their site isn't updated as much as their Instagram page. I joined IG just because most manufacturers seem to post news there or on Twitter before anywhere else.

Name:  Screenshot_20220805-134538_Instagram.jpg
Views: 226
Size:  30.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by stomridertx View Post
    I think I went about a year before I got mine, got what they are now calling the OEM.

I'd suggest ordering now and just waiting. I do not know when they charged my card if that makes a difference to you.

I'd also start ordering the internal slide parts when you order. I had the original slide to strip, but I wanted to keep it usable for GSSF w/o swapping parts. I did swap and had to look for parts all over as most folks were out of at least one component.

BTW, my runs CCI's with no problems.

Good Luck!
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

User Tag List