Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: LA Times - No Culture of Violence at LAPD SWAT

Quote Originally Posted by jlw View Post
    I worked with a guy who unsuccessfully attempted CPR numerous times.

Instead of his radio number, we began calling him but the radio code for notifying the coroner.
    When I first started I was in a big beat on the east side of town. It had a lot of senior living in it. In the morning there were a lot of calls about non responsive people found in bed. My percentage on CPR was pretty low. I’m not sure if it was my lack of experience then with dead people or a need to at least try for the family member. At times I felt like the angel of death.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Quote Originally Posted by jlw View Post
    I worked with a guy who unsuccessfully attempted CPR numerous times.

Instead of his radio number, we began calling him but the radio code for notifying the coroner.

I did CPR for the families and myself.

"So the paramedics got there fast? And they even did CPR and electricity and stuff? Well, they tried, but it must have been poor Henry's time."

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post
    When I first started I was in a big beat on the east side of town. It had a lot of senior living in it. In the morning there were a lot of calls about non responsive people found in bed. My percentage on CPR was pretty low. I’m not sure if it was my lack of experience then with dead people or a need to at least try for the family member. At times I felt like the angel of death.
    One day I was right on the block of a medical call, so I went in, beating the ambulance. Uncle Buck was sitting in the recliner dead with crying family standing around. Being a rookie, and not wanting to deal with talking to crying family members about Uncle Buck, I drug him out of the recliner and began some PR CPR.

My dad's best friend was a captain on the FD and he was with the ambulance when they arrived. At the time, 1976, if CPR was started, it continued until the ER where the person was pronounced. About 30 minutes later I got a call to meet Captain R at the FD. That was the first of several rath good-natured ass chewings I got from my dad's buddy. None of which were deserved.
    Last edited by DDTSGM; 08-03-2022 at 07:36 PM.
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

User Tag List