Thread: Anyone use 22WMR Federal Punch

Site Supporter

Anyone use 22WMR Federal Punch

I have a S&W 351C that gets a fair bit of use for certain roles. Currently using Gold Dots with it, but was considering ordering some Punch to try out. Has anyone tested it or seen testing?

I've been trying 22 LR Punch in my 43c and LCR. It averages 1134 fps in the 43c and 1149 fps in the LCR. It seems pretty accurate. I'm probably going to switch to Punch from Velocitors.

I have no experience with 22WMR.

No formal testing like chronograph, etc., but some anecdotal experience with it and Win. Silvertip in a 317 and a G44.
    Over a couple of hundred rounds of Punch, I had several failures to fire-estimate 1/100-in a G44. With the exception of some garbage Yellow Jacket, the G44 has been reliable. No failures in revolver. Punch shoots low in my hands in those guns. It's a lightweight fast mover, so that follows. Got a good muzzle blast in short barrels.
    Silvertip-only 100 rounds-has had no ignition issues, and seems to shoot more to pint of aim. I've switched to it.
    If I was just going to go wheelie, Punch would be ok for me after I figured poa/poi.

Interesting. It looks like a Keith SWC. Almost the same as this: https://www.cci-ammunition.com/rimfi...llet/6-58.html

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    I have a S&W 351C that gets a fair bit of use for certain roles. Currently using Gold Dots with it, but was considering ordering some Punch to try out. Has anyone tested it or seen testing?
    I sure intend to try some after seeing some reports about it. If it doesn't look like it'll do 14-15" of pen or better I'll have no interest in it. I don't want shallow penetrating loads generally but especially not in borderline small calibers.

My 351C is loaded with CCI 40 gr solids.

ETA - since Federal site finally had it in stock I ordered a couple boxes. More than double the LR load!
    Last edited by JHC; 08-01-2022 at 08:26 AM.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

User Tag List