Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: JP5 finally in production!

Site Supporter
    I can finally pick up mine tomorrow! 10 months wait.

I have the steel challenge. I'm first going to sight-in with my 147 loads and run a match this weekend.

Already have a 70 and a 60 lock pieces ordered. Going to do some testing with different PF factors versus bullet weight. I would like to eventually run cheaper 115. Looking for minimal dot movement versus recoil. Recoil has never been a problem with 9mm.
    With liberty and justice for all...must be 18, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply, not available in all states.

Quote Originally Posted by Bart Carter View Post
    Looking for minimal dot movement versus recoil. Recoil has never been a problem with 9mm.
    Do you do much shooting on the move?

That’s where less recoil really comes into play for me.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    Do you do much shooting on the move?

That’s where less recoil really comes into play for me.
    Makes a lot of sense. I'm going to play with the lock pieces and ammo for a while. Guess I will find out what works best for me.
    With liberty and justice for all...must be 18, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply, not available in all states.

Makes a lot of sense. I'm going to play with the lock pieces and ammo for a while. Guess I will find out what works best for me.
    The less recoil, the less stability I need on entering a position.

Unlike a pistol that I can stably mount with my upper body on entry, with a rifle the mount can’t be dissociated from my chassis and lower body. So less recoil is a thing to take advantage of softer floating mount.

Missed last Wednesday's shoot, I will tonight ask the JP5 owner how his served him at the Georgia State.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Site Supporter
    Can you believe that they have pinned steel rails for wear so the rollers don't run on aluminum?

Every wear piece is replaceable.

Took mine apart to clean and lubricate today.

Shooting tomorrow for the first time.

Can you believe that they have pinned steel rails for wear so the rollers don't run on aluminum?

Every wear piece is replaceable.

Took mine apart to clean and lubricate today.

Shooting tomorrow for the first time.
    I haven’t made it out to shoot mine yet but I did go over it. I was impressed by the rails myself. They’re sort of dovetailed in there and then held in with roll pins.

Did anyone else get a firing pin with a shorter base in the mail? I wonder what it does differently.
    Last edited by Super77; 09-21-2022 at 11:17 PM.

Whoops, double post.

The owner here said his has taken him to two Super Senior wins. He is a PPC Master on the qualifiers.

He has thus far replaced springs and trigger but says there is more tinkering to come.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

User Tag List