Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: JP5 finally in production!

JP5 finally in production!

Name:  10FAB483-A87E-40CA-B37A-C2845AAD8D43.jpg
Views: 1534
Size:  62.9 KB

Mine is in the first wave, I expect it any day now…

If it shoots like an MPX but without the cleaning requirements, I’ll be a happy camper!

No magwells available yet. But I think Techwell will have one before long.

I might Dremel modify something in the meantime…

Site Supporter
    Would be nice if they estimated when the first wave would be completed. Anyone have a connection to get that information. My dealer doesn't.
    With liberty and justice for all...must be 18, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply, not available in all states.

Quote Originally Posted by Bart Carter View Post
    Would be nice if they estimated when the first wave would be completed. Anyone have a connection to get that information. My dealer doesn't.
    Techwell and Taylor Freelance both have JP5 magwells in stock.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    Techwell and Taylor Freelance both have JP5 magwells in stock.
    Any idea if one has an advantage over the other? Features, fit, ease of installation, reliability?
    With liberty and justice for all...must be 18, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply, not available in all states.

Any idea if one has an advantage over the other? Features, fit, ease of installation, reliability?
    I ordered both so can let you know what I think when I get them.

I think both with be reasonably reliable, easy to install and with good fitment.

I usually use a little E6000 to the mating surfaces regardless.

My preference in MPX magwells is the Techwell because I like the smoothness of Delrin and it tends not to dent like aluminum.

It also doesn’t cut fingers as much when you botch a reload lol.

So I guess I would like the Techwell.

The advantage of the TF might be the color to help visualize a black Glock mag insertion…

But I don’t think I’ll likely be raising the gun that high on reloads.

So I think either would be great but I’m expecting to like the Techwell better.

The eagle has landed…

Name:  71D94968-9E8F-4AC7-A88F-CE656C5F4D13.jpg
Views: 1034
Size:  21.2 KB

Site Supporter
    How soon should we expect a detailed report?

How soon should we expect a detailed report?

I like it. Very similar to the MPX. I think I like the MPX impulse more but I hate cleaning guns!

Site Supporter
    There is a JP5 thread on brianenos.com that said choice of ammo makes a big difference.

the MPX shoots softer and flatter with factory 115 ammo (Norma and Federal). I know this will be an unpopular take, but that’s what I felt (along with a few other folks) with 4 types of factory 115 ammo. The JP5 was flatter shooting than my GMR but the MPX had it beat.
    But then he added:

A buddy offered up some Federal 150 syntech, the JP5 was BY FAR superior and it came alive! It shot a lot like an MP5 in feel and recoil impulse but softer and faster. My MPX won’t even run the 150 syntechs well. The difference was literally laughable - everyone who shot it laughed their asses off. It was unbelievable and still processing all of it. With some hand loads I bet it runs amazing. I’m smitten….
    And adds:

I was pretty skeptical about it after shooting factory 115 ammo and hope a 70 degree locking piece becomes available shortly from JP so I can do some tuning for some faster hand loads (I like them for longer shots). Otherwise, a hand load with a heavier bullet around 130-135 PF would likely be great as it comes with the 80 degree locking piece.
    My 147s run about 132 PF. Can't wait.

There is a JP5 thread on brianenos.com that said choice of ammo makes a big difference.

But then he added:

And adds:

My 147s run about 132 PF. Can't wait.
    I agree with what you posted above. This was pairs of 124 gr Eley (smoky and louder) alternating with pairs of Syntech 150 (quiet).

Super soft with the 150 but I’m conserving that ammo for my CO pistol lol.

Also the TechWell is awesome. Just slides on and one retaining screw. Highly recommend.

Name:  7EF5A14E-928A-48CD-86B9-A93D18CFE6BC.jpg
Views: 1001
Size:  45.5 KB

User Tag List