Thread: IDPA parts swapping between models

IDPA parts swapping between models

I have had a Beretta 92X Defensive for a few weeks now and one thing I really like is the shelf for the lefthand thumb made from the take down lever.

https://www.beretta.com/en-us/gun-ac...ize-left-hand/

Since it is readily available from Beretta standard accessories website it may be able to be installed in our M9A1 and EliteII that we shoot in IDPA matches. What do you think? Would this be legal?

Not if you are in SSP

A.1.3 SSP Permitted Modifications (Inclusive list):
    A.1.3.1 No visible external modifications are allowed. The firearm must have the same appearance as the factory SKU shown on the company’s website.

OK for ESP.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Does it come stock on another SSP legal firearm from Beretta?

A.1.3.4 Magazine releases, slide stops, safety levers, de-cocking levers, hammers, and triggers, that are stock on
    one SSP legal firearm may be used on another SSP legal firearm from the same manufacturer provided
    they are drop in replacements. Parts in this list must come factory installed on standard production
    firearms.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirolynmonbro View Post
    Does it come stock on another SSP legal firearm from Beretta?

A.1.3.4 Magazine releases, slide stops, safety levers, de-cocking levers, hammers, and triggers, that are stock on
    one SSP legal firearm may be used on another SSP legal firearm from the same manufacturer provided
    they are drop in replacements. Parts in this list must come factory installed on standard production
    firearms.
    Yeah, I went and looked up that rule, too.
    The problem is that the list of parts in the rule doesn’t include “take-down lever”.

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    Yeah, I went and looked up that rule, too.
    The problem is that the list of parts in the rule doesn’t include “take-down lever”.
    Ah. I was thinking Beretta was like my CZs and the slide stop and the take down lever are the se part

This is why I don't understand the rule;
    "A.1.3.1 No visible external modifications are allowed. The firearm must have the same appearance as the factory SKU shown on the company’s website."
    Beretta has 3 different mag releases. A standard, a longer/taller, a taller one w/ a wider serrated surface. The M9A1 comes w/ the standard release button. If I put the wide serrated one on, the gun will not look the same as the sku on the website. So for the mag release to meet the above rule they would have to look not at the M9A1, but rather at the M9A3. Same w/ hammers. Unfortunately I guess this is the killer rule since the takedown lever is not listed.
    "A.1.3.4 Magazine releases, slide stops, safety levers, de-cocking levers, hammers, and triggers, that are stock on
    firearms."
    Thanks guys. I guess it's not going to work. I practiced some w/ the XDefensive yesterday and the thumb rest definitely works but it is also pretty painful. Even though I slightly rounded over the edge and corner I still had to wrap 6 layers of masking tape (only tape I had w/ me) around my thumb. Thanks guys.

Old doctor's advice: If thumb rest hurts, don't install thumb rest.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Jim, I think that is going to be the end result. Of course leave it on the X Defensive, but forget about swapping to the others. Oh well, saves me some $ too.

User Tag List