Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What a Load of BUL!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 4RNR View Post
    I pay $35-ish for HK and CZ and $20-something for Sig and Beretta. Never paid close to $50 for any mags.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    Then you never bought a hi-cap magazine between 1994 and 2004.

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    Then you never bought a hi-cap magazine pre-2004
    I'm not sure what 20 years ago has to do with this. I'm sure at one point everything was super expensive. First home PC or laptop probably wasn't cheap

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    What you’re missing is that magazine prices for all those designs are/were subsidized by large contracts with military and police agencies from around the world. Also, all of those magazines have been in production for at least 30+ years. Scale of manufacturing and return on investment is a thing.

A company can’t afford to design and buy the tooling (dies, mandrels presses etc) for a niche product pistol that is never going to be sold in the numbers of the pistols/rifle you mentioned and then not be able to make their money back by charging too little to cover the loans they took out to start up manufacturing.
    LOL, not missing at all. I literally said I agreed with his first part of his post. Now when he said “Glock mag pricing is an anomaly”, I added that CZ, BHP, 1911, M&P and Beretta need to be thrown in too… as anomalies. AR15 magazines, etc. Now how many anomalies do you have to have before you don’t have any anomalies?

Your post is correct, but missing my point.

ETA: Checked out Greg Cote’s site, you can add the SIG 320 mags at around $23 a pop to the list. Not sure on the going rate for the classic 22X series.
    Last edited by guymontag; 07-30-2022 at 10:43 PM.
    When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk. -Tuco
    Today is victory over yourself of yesterday... -Miyamoto Musashi

So... if we can get back to the Bul. Very cool. I'm looking forward to hearing how it runs, how it compares with your other pistols, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by CJK View Post
    I think I'd want to stick with the OEM Bul mags. It still seems like there are issues here and there with the Staccatos, but then again all platforms have their issues. It would just be nice to get a pile of magazines for $55.00 as opposed to $125.00.

Anything I buy becomes a money pit [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk
    The BUL mags are fairly pricey but also in line with mags for the Staccato and others. Probably the cheapest mag in this field is the Triarc one.

Here's a bit on the MBX:

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 4RNR View Post
    I pay $35-ish for HK and CZ and $20-something for Sig and Beretta. Never paid close to $50 for any mags.

A) mags for which model and B) what manufacturer ? C) when ?

SIG OEM P320 and 365 series mags are $40 to $55 depending on the mag snd where you buy it.

HK OEM mags for HK45, USP compact etc. are $40 to $55 and up depending on the mag.

You MIGHT get aftermarket mags for older models like a P226 or B92 at those prices.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by guymontag View Post
    CZ, Beretta and BHP mags run around $20-$25 easy. Established designs? Yes… but they’re closer in price to Glock mags than HK mags. So Glock mags, CZ mags, BHP mags, Beretta mags, 1911 mags, some S&W M&P 9 mags, hell, AR15 magazines prices are the anomaly… right. I agreed with the first part of your post but the second part needed a reality check of its own.

Thanks for the info OP, very cool gun!
    You are comparing aftermarket mags for widely distributed, decades old designs with OEM mags for a new design.

Sure you can get aftermarket mags for older designs for $25 ish, but you are not getting OEM SIG or HK mags for current designs for those prices which is what was being discussed (OEM BUL mags).

HK 45, USPC mags etc run $40-$55 as do SIG OEM P320 and 365 series mags which are equivalent.

Take CZ’s. You can get Mecgar CZ 75 mags for $20-25 on Greg Cotes site But OEM CZ mags are $40ish. One factor is those mags are open source/off patent. You won’t see Mecgar making say P320 mags anytime soon because they are making OEM 320mags for SIG.

Plus you are talking about a 40 plus year old design with the age / distribution/ demand to support an aftermarket. Same with BHPs, SIG 226, Beretta 92 etc.

Hell Glocks are a 40 year old design.

You can get P320 ProMags for $20 but it’s a waste of money. The ACT 320 mags appear to work (when they are available) but the 320 is both the standard US service pistol and the #2 pistol in the market with over a million sold in it’s first five years. If BUL sells a million 2011s there will be cheap / good aftermarket mags for them too.

AR mags have not only been made by the hundreds of millions during the past 70 years they are literally designed to be disposable.
    Last edited by HCM; 07-30-2022 at 11:45 PM.

Ultra small production run Wilson EDC X9 mags are $44. I'd be surprised if theres 10k of those guns out in the wild.

2011 mags are absurdly priced.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    TAC no so LIGHT anymore

2.70 pounds with light and loaded high capacity murder clip.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    How's the trigger on the BUL?

Also, my TLR9 came with a number of rail inserts for fitting to different pistols. Perhaps one of the insets would allow mounting the light one Pic slot close to the trigger?

Quote Originally Posted by spyderco monkey View Post
    Ultra small production run Wilson EDC X9 mags are $44. I'd be surprised if theres 10k of those guns out in the wild.

2011 mags are absurdly priced.
    Wilson mags are based on Walther mags, so it's not a wholly proprietary tube. So they take advantage of the larger production volume from Walthers guns.

User Tag List