Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: What a Load of BUL!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    My only issue of note is that the gun shoots high. I will call BUL tomorrow to inquire about sending the slide in for a taller front sight.
    My BUL Commanders shoot a little high too -- looks like your gun has the same sights as mine. I'll be interested to see what comes of that. I think they offer guns with a fiber optic front sight as an option, but I don't see sights specifically for these guns on any online sites.

Nice looking pistol. I’m interested in seeing how this works for you.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Vending Machine Operator
    First five rounds out of the gun. Fifteen yards. 125gr coated LSWC loaded with 3.4gr of 700-X:

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Well, whatever the talk is about proprietary this or that, it's clear the gun can shoot and you can also. That's very nice.

I also like the look TLR-9, I don't think I've seen one. What's the advantage versus a TLR-1 or TLR-1HL?
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Witness holes at seven, fourteen and nineteen. Mags are pretty darned packed at 19. You'd probably be happier with 18 while doing tac reloads.

Maaaaaannn, it's been a long time, but is that a PO P18.9 mag?

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post

I also like the look TLR-9, I don't think I've seen one. What's the advantage versus a TLR-1 or TLR-1HL?
    The -9 has a removable bezel for battery replacement so no need to remove the light from the gun to change the batteries.

Switching is different too. On the -1 it is down and hold with the left thumb for momentary or up and release for constant on. The -9 is bump the switch for constant on or press and hold for momentary. In either case it is more of an inward push for either mode.

Down side is holster fitment. It is thinner and slightly longer than the -1 so it probably won't fit whatever legacy holster. Also no remote / pressure pad option.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian T View Post
    Maaaaaannn, it's been a long time, but is that a PO P18.9 mag?
    Maybe. It does have the more boxy shape vs the more tapered shape of the STI.

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    Well, whatever the talk is about proprietary this or that, it's clear the gun can shoot and you can also. That's very nice.

The TLR-9 can use 16650 rechargeable batteries, which are made in Japan and have a 2500mah capacity. It’s the next best battery to a 18650, and much better then rechargeable CR123s.

To me, that’s the main advantage of the TLR-9.

QVO Tactical holster and mag pouch ordered.

I thought all these BUL armory 2011 commanders had lightening cuts on the top of the slides. This one doesn't!

I'm too heavily invested in STI mags but I like this one and would send it off to get milled. Whereas my "rare" STI has no red dot since I am having a hard time sending it off.

Gonna watch this thread!

Extra high capacity murder clips ordered from BUL.

I also made contact with David Simcik dba dscgunworks.com regarding a DPO cut. Adding the cut is $200. Supply and fit taller front sight to accompany DPO rear sight $65. Additional stuff like flat top slide to match flat on DPO fixed rear sight cover plate $65. Then shipping to and from so probably $375 total. Not counting whichever plate I'd want to add.

I'm not sure yet what I want to do with the gun or how much more $$ I want to sink into it. Do I want to replace MIM internals and add a mag well while I'm at it? By then I'd probably be sneaking into Staccato P money.

User Tag List