Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: What a Load of BUL!

Quote Originally Posted by spyderco monkey View Post
    How's the trigger on the BUL?

Also, my TLR9 came with a number of rail inserts for fitting to different pistols. Perhaps one of the insets would allow mounting the light one Pic slot close to the trigger?
    The trigger is sub 3 pounds. Just a minor amount of grit in one spot. The break itself has just the tiniest amount of mush. That's not to say the trigger is bad. It just isn't something that has been highly polished and hand fitted.

If and when I shoot the gun enough that the ignition parts need replacing I'll likely get something like an ignition set from EGW.

I'm still messing with the key inserts for the light. I think I'm using 1913-4. 1913-3 sets the light back another ⅛" or so on the rail. Keys 1 and 2 set the light back too far that the end cap fits the front of the trigger guard.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    snip
    If we are talking OEM, then why did you bring up Magpul? Anyways your post solidifies my minor point. Guess it’s not just Glock huh? I’ll end my digression here, and you can complicate it more alone if you’d like. “Glock and Magpul Glock mag pricing is an anomaly”. I say add CZ, 1911, BHP, Sig 320, Beretta, some M&P magazines to that statement.

Talk about distributor chains, OEM supply lines, planet alignment, government subsidies all you like. It’s not “abnormal or peculiar” to spend a little over a Jackson on a pistol magazine (or many different types of pistol magazines is the simple point), and the next time I visit Greg’s site I’ll personally thank him for his “abnormal and peculiar” pricing on so many different pistol magazines. Not just Glock!
    When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk. -Tuco
    Today is victory over yourself of yesterday... -Miyamoto Musashi

First five rounds out of the gun. Fifteen yards. 125gr coated LSWC loaded with 3.4gr of 700-X:

Five rounds of Winchester Ranger 147gr. Standing at 25:

Site Supporter
    Nice shooting!

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    Nice shooting!
    It runs fine. A total of 140 rounds fired. A mix of Speer Blazer, Winchester Ranger, Speer 124 Gold Dot and hand loads. No failures to feed, eject, etc. And both mags locked open when empty. I also fired ten rounds one at a time with no mag in place. No ejection problems here, either.

My only issue of note is that the gun shoots high. I will call BUL tomorrow to inquire about sending the slide in for a taller front sight.

Plan B is to send the gun to Vulcan or DSC to have the slide machined for a red dot. Change to taller sights as part of that.

Proprietary magazine, proprietary sight. Kewl.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    Proprietary magazine, proprietary sight. Kewl.
    Proprietary sight?

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Proprietary sight?

Measure the front dovetail. You should be able to get a front sight from Dawson.

Good shooting. I hope you keep running it, I'd like to hear more.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CJK View Post
    I hope you keep running it, I'd like to hear more.
    I do plan on shooting this gun quite regularly and will update when I can.

I will probably order an OWB holster tomorrow for the gun and light combo.

User Tag List