Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What a Load of BUL!

What a Load of BUL!

I just picked this up from the dealer this morning. This is the BUL Armory SAS II Tac Light 4.25 9mm.

It is a 2011-pattern handgun with a magazine capacity of 19 rounds. So 20 fully loaded. The gun ships with two mags and comes in a surprisingly nice zippered case.

The pistol is Commander length with a bull / coned barrel. No bushing. It has a full-length guide rod and reverse plug. Even though it is Commander length it appears to have the full Government slide travel.

Controls are typical current 1911 pattern. Upswept and scalloped beavertail paired with an extended but single sided safety. The controls appear to be MIM as does the hammer. I haven't pulled the gun all the way apart but am assuming the sear and disconnector are MIM.

As is not uncommon, the thumb safety hole is slightly exposed when the aafety is engaged. This is kind of a pet peeve of mine.

Both the front and rear sight are dovetailed. The rear is a Novak pattern. Is it an actual Novak pattern dovetail?

The mag well. No flared extension or pin-on mag well comes with this model. Note the plastic main spring housing.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Tokarev; 07-30-2022 at 12:32 PM.

This version is a distributor exclusive available through Sports South. The frame section of the frame is aluminum. I have not previously messed with a lightweight 2011 and am surprised at how light the pistol is. Of course that will change with a full mag in place.

The barrel twist, I'm guessing, is 1x16 twist. Whatever it is it appears to be fairly slow.

As can be seen, the slide is not cut for an optic. I may send it off to have it cut if it runs and shoots okay.

Overall I am quite pleased and hole I continue to like it after I've had a chance to shoot it.

TAC no so LIGHT anymore

2.70 pounds with light and loaded high capacity murder clip.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    This version is a distributor exclusive available through Sports South. The frame section of the frame is aluminum. I have not previously messed with a lightweight 2011 and am surprised at how light the pistol is. Of course that will change with a full mag in place.

The barrel twist, I'm guessing, is 1x16 twist. Whatever it is it appears to be fairly slow.

As can be seen, the slide is not cut for an optic. I may send it off to have it cut if it runs and shoots okay.

Overall I am quite pleased and hole I continue to like it after I've had a chance to shoot it.

Can you look at the inside of the front of the slide and tell if its been milled for a bushing? Just curious on that. I have been watching these and I would really like to hear how it runs and your opinions.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Targets, or it’s vaporware!

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    Targets, or it’s vaporware!
    I don't shoot 'em. I collect 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by CJK View Post
    Can you look at the inside of the front of the slide and tell if its been milled for a bushing? Just curious on that. I have been watching these and I would really like to hear how it runs and your opinions.

Boom!

I'm not sure what bushing would actually work but it is grooved, as you can see.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Boom!

I'm not sure what bushing would actually work but it is grooved, as you can see.

Nice! I've been watching these and the single stacks. I had heard a rumor that they may be milled for a bushing. My thoughts are one like yours in 9mm and a single stack with a swap barrel in .38 Super or 9X23.

Quote Originally Posted by CJK View Post
    Nice! I've been watching these and the single stacks. I had heard a rumor that they may be milled for a bushing. My thoughts are one like yours in 9mm and a single stack with a swap barrel in .38 Super or 9X23.

A Hicap 9x23 would be pretty awesome. Sort of like John Wick's 9mm Major "serious business" in Part 3 or whichever movie that was.

In better lighting. I am digging the TLR-9 on here. I think its profile fits the lines of the gun nicely.

User Tag List