Thread: 22 LCR & 43c Chrono & Long Range

22 LCR & 43c Chrono & Long Range

There are several existing threads about snubs, 22 ammo and long range shooting, but I wanted to keep this all together.

I chronographed 3 kinds of ammo through my 22 LR 43c and LCR and here are the average velocities of 8 rounds each.

43c Velocitor: 975 fps, Punch: 1134 fps, Stingers: 1067 fps.
    LCR Velocitor: 965 fps, Punch: 1149 fps, Stingers: 1082 fps.

I shot the Velocitor and Punch at an OPOTA target at 50 yards through both revolvers.

The 43c hit center for most shots. Punch had 7 of 8 hits in the scoring zone with 1 hit in the arm. Velocitors had 5 hits centered in the scoring zone, 2 more that were on the silhouette and 1 clear on the bottom of the target off the scoring zones. I didn't time the first Punch run but it was probably around 15 to 20 seconds. The Velocitor run was 13.42 seconds.

The LCR was hitting left with all ammo. Punch had 5 hits in a decent group, just off the left edge of the silhouette, 1 hit in the edge of the scoring zone and 2 misses. Velocitor did a little better with 3 hits in the scoring zone, 2 on the edge of the head and 3 off the silhouette but still on paper. The Punch run was 10.03 seconds and the Velocitor run was 14.42 seconds.

With the success of the Punch run with the 43c, I decided to make a run at 75 yards with it. Time was 22.05 seconds. 4 hits in the chest area of the scoring zone, 1 hit in the neck, 1 on the edge of the paper and 2 misses.

I used the OPOTA target in order to catch as many stray shots as possible.

I've been pocket carrying the 43c with Velocitors, but I think I'm going to switch to Punch. I've been listening to the P&S Modcasts about small caliber Snubs. Quite a lot of good information on there.

I shot the LCR at 25 yards on an IDPA target and was getting left hits there. I would like to adjust the sights but I'm not sure the best way to do it.

I have XS sights on both guns because I'm old and half blind. I float half of the ball in the notch and half up out of the notch and it seems to work OK for me. I shoot drive the dot.

I had easy ejection with both revolvers and all the ammo I shot today.

I'll probably try this again with a more capable pistol.

Name:  IMG_7812.jpg
Views: 433
Size:  30.3 KBName:  IMG_7806.jpg
Views: 422
Size:  26.2 KBName:  IMG_7811.jpg
Views: 430
Size:  22.7 KBName:  IMG_7809.jpg
Views: 422
Size:  35.8 KB

Site Supporter
    Thank-you~ much appreciated!

I put the factory sight back on the LCR but I haven't shot it yet.

So timely, I am gonna pic up a 43c tomorrow!

I've been having trouble ejecting Punch from my LCR. It ejects all other makes of 22lr just fine.

Did yours eject Punch issue free out of the box?

Quote Originally Posted by tlong17 View Post
    I've been having trouble ejecting Punch from my LCR. It ejects all other makes of 22lr just fine.

Did yours eject Punch issue free out of the box?
    I had ejection problems with several kinds of ammo. I reamed the chambers and it works great now. https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....olver-Chambers

Quote Originally Posted by BN View Post
    I put the factory sight back on the LCR but I haven't shot it yet.
    I shot the LCR with a green painted factory sight off the back porch at 15 & 25 yard steel and it seemed to hit center. I put the XS dot sight back on and went to the range where I could shoot 50 yards. With Punch, at 50 yards slow fire, I had 5 hits centered on the chest area, 2 hits on the left edge of the scoring area and 1 just barely outside the silhouette to the left. I decided to time a run at 50 yards. I had a time of 13.30 seconds with 4 hits scattered all over the scoring area, 2 hits in the arm to the left and 2 shots completely off the paper. I'm beginning to think that the left hits are all my trigger management.

I had some sticky extraction with Punch. I lifted 7 spent brass out with my fingernail and 1 stuck tight. I'm going to ream that chamber more to see if that solves the problem.

Punch seems to be a little more accurate than Velocitors.

User Tag List