Page 39 of 65 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Springfield teasing a 2011?

Site Supporter
    PSA has these for$1299

This is probably a dumb question which likely means it has already been asked but: can Prodigy slide go on a 9 mm 1911? I mean, 1911 and 2011 slides are the same, right?
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    This is probably a dumb question which likely means it has already been asked but: can Prodigy slide go on a 9 mm 1911? I mean, 1911 and 2011 slides are the same, right?
    I am going to say probably. The 2011 slide that I had was identical to a 1911 slide.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

My Buzzard is a regular Caspian slide on a STI receiver.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    It may or may not fit. Variance in frame rails and ejectors means it may require fitting. Also the Prodigy slide has a unique radius above the recoil spring tunnel that probably won't line up with the 1911 frame.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I guess I forgot to mention this.

I talked very briefly with the team from US Duty Gear at SHOT 2023. They told me they are working on specific Prodigy holsters. Holsters will be available for both 4.25 and 5.0 models with light and red dot options, etc.

I forget now which department--Riverside, maybe?--had requested test holsters for the 5" gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Archer1440 View Post
    Aaron makes a point of buying his guns from retail outlets. Unfortunately this seems to be a similar story with two local shooters I know who picked up early examples.

With that said, ~$300 in Wilson or C&S parts and an hour on the bench along with the appropriate know-how seems to solve most issues- which tends to be true of any non custom SA 19/2011.

Anyone really thinking they were getting a Staccato for an $1100 discount should perhaps have their expectations reset.
    A few random thoughts this morning.

When 2011s were strictly competition guns, and briefly special operations guns, I never heard "reliable" and "2011" in the same sentence.

Back in the day, if you shot a single stack 1911 with ball ammo it would run. If you wanted more than that, it cost time and money. Single stacks today still seem to need work, but for different reasons.

I was reading an article about Winchester Model 12s. It took more than two years to build the production line, and each part was inspected separately, then the gun was inspected as it was put together. No company today will do that. I believe that they've done the math on QC vs. return/repair, and found the latter to be cheaper.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    A few random thoughts this morning.

When 2011s were strictly competition guns, and briefly special operations guns, I never heard "reliable" and "2011" in the same sentence.

Back in the day, if you shot a single stack 1911 with ball ammo it would run. If you wanted more than that, it cost time and money. Single stacks today still seem to need work, but for different reasons.

I was reading an article about Winchester Model 12s. It took more than two years to build the production line, and each part was inspected separately, then the gun was inspected as it was put together. No company today will do that. I believe that they've done the math on QC vs. return/repair, and found the latter to be cheaper.
    In modern manufacturing, the customer has been the known beta tester for quite some time.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Americanrifleman.org reviews the Prodigy:

https://www.americanrifleman.org/con...y-1911-ds-aos/

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    I guess I forgot to mention this.

I talked very briefly with the team from US Duty Gear at SHOT 2023. They told me they are working on specific Prodigy holsters. Holsters will be available for both 4.25 and 5.0 models with light and red dot options, etc.

I forget now which department--Riverside, maybe?--had requested test holsters for the 5" gun.

I know one department that told US Duty Gear they want production 5” dot/light holsters for several of their people...

Now if my 5” order would just come in... I have the plate and optic and figure US Duty Gear will have the holster (and I have a Blackhawk T-Series which I understand fits).

As a data point: One of our guys got a 4.25” Prodigy recently and immediately switched to a Wilson 12lb (Commander-length) spring. He had some feed issues that seemed to completely disappear when he used Staccato mags. I’d probably go a smidge heavier on the recoil spring but that’s theoretical.

I plan on going straight to a 13lb recoil spring and have a Dawson tool-less guide rod for my 5” as well.

User Tag List