Page 7 of 65 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Springfield teasing a 2011?

I heard about this collaboration during the NRA show. Your suspicions are correct. Think a more affordable version of the Staccato.

Sent from my SM-A135U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by andre3k View Post
    I heard about this collaboration during the NRA show. Your suspicions are correct. Think a more affordable version of the Staccato.
    And I think this is the interesting point about Springfield Armory getting into the 2011 game; the potential to drive down the price of entry for the 2011. I also think the potential to drive down the pricing for magazines is there - whether Springfield works with Staccato's OEM manufacturer (I've seen speculation that is Checkmate) or uses their own industry connections to introduce SA branded magazines from another manufacturer. Personally I'd like to see Mec-Gar get into the 2011 game.

I'm curious how SA will approach this though. Will they follow their tiered quality structure as they do with 1911s? Or do they plan to compete with Staccato head to head as a potential service pistol? Could we see a SACS version? A 2011 Pro could be a cool gun.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    And I think this is the interesting point about Springfield Armory getting into the 2011 game; the potential to drive down the price of entry for the 2011. I also think the potential to drive down the pricing for magazines is there - whether Springfield works with Staccato's OEM manufacturer (I've seen speculation that is Checkmate) or uses their own industry connections to introduce SA branded magazines from another manufacturer. Personally I'd like to see Mec-Gar get into the 2011 game.

I'm curious how SA will approach this though. Will they follow their tiered quality structure as they do with 1911s? Or do they plan to compete with Staccato head to head as a potential service pistol? Could we see a SACS version? A 2011 Pro could be a cool gun.
    It will be interesting to see how SA tackles the mag issue. The cost and quality of the mags seems to be the Achilles heel of the 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by andre3k View Post
    It will be interesting to see how SA tackles the mag issue. The cost and quality of the mags seems to be the Achilles heel of the 2011.

If SA sells a rebranded Mec-Gar Hi-Power mag for $35 that's $23 from everyone else I am not expecting much of a deal.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul D View Post
    I think he is ethnic Chinese. His professional credential and experience are so impressive. I guess that is not enough to market one's self in this business.

I don't remember reading/hearing about Vinh resorting to those measures. I'm probably wrong.
    Check it out. Pretty impressive.

https://www.range365.com/gold-medal-...-for-practice/

Gold Medal Shooting Winner Dry-Fired for Practice
    A lack of ammunition at home didn't stop Hoang Xuan Vihn from getting his country's very first Olympic gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul D View Post
    Vietnamese warrior culture known as YouGoStudyAndPracticeOrIWillBeatYouWithASandleMade OutOfATire-Shido. (!Fight!)
    There is no continent, country or neighborhood safe from La Chancla.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post

The problem is SA has historically struggled with QC at all tiers, even SACS guns. When they get it right they make great guns but the “Monday” gun, “Wednesday” gun thing is very much in effect.

If I was Stacatto I’d have some type of exclusivity clause with my OEM supplier.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Check it out. Pretty impressive.

https://www.range365.com/gold-medal-...-for-practice/

Gold Medal Shooting Winner Dry-Fired for Practice
    A lack of ammunition at home didn't stop Hoang Xuan Vihn from getting his country's very first Olympic gold.

Thank you! That is absolutely amazing.

Just like their HP copy, I'll pass. Everything they have made has been a copy of something else: M1A=M14, XD=Croatian, Hellion=VHS, etc. They never do a good job of making anything except the 1911. They don't have any organic knowledge base or innovation. Hell, even their name is a copy of something else. If true longtime 2011 makers are still having bugs to figure out, I can't image the headaches an SA 2011 would bring.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    The problem is SA has historically struggled with QC at all tiers, even SACS guns. When they get it right they make great guns but the “Monday” gun, “Wednesday” gun thing is very much in effect.

If I was Stacatto I’d have some type of exclusivity clause with my OEM supplier.
    No kidding, even the SACS guns? Damn. That'd piss me off for something as expensive as a SACS Professional that is supposedly hand-fitted and all.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

User Tag List