Page 26 of 65 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Springfield teasing a 2011?

Quote Originally Posted by BK14 View Post
    Just wait. I can already sense a new name drop from c products. Is supermag already taken? Sheesh. I mean, if you can’t get an AR mag right, what makes a company think you can get a 2011 mag right?
    I’m just hoping with the companies jumping on to build these pistols. And now there are more companies jumping in to build mags, this will create competition. Mecgar and whoever comes in to make some money off of it and give us quality mags available.

A guy can hope right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post
    I’m just hoping with the companies jumping on to build these pistols. And now there are more companies jumping in to build mags, this will create competition. Mecgar and whoever comes in to make some money off of it and give us quality mags available.

A guy can hope right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I do wonder about the various 2011 mag options now. Are mags from Staccato, Atlas, Alchemy Weapons, Triarc and whoever else all made by the same OEM vendor?

For that matter, has Dura Mag been making mags for one of these companies under some kind of license agreement or something that kept them from stamping their name on the tube? Maybe that license has expired hence the partnership with SA. Just a guess but it doesn't seem impossible.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    I do wonder about the various 2011 mag options now. Are mags from Staccato, Atlas, Alchemy Weapons, Triarc and whoever else all made by the same OEM vendor?

For that matter, has Dura Mag been making mags for one of these companies under some kind of license agreement or something that kept them from stamping their name on the tube? Maybe that license has expired hence the partnership with SA. Just a guess but it doesn't seem impossible.

Word elsewhere is that Staccato Gen 2 and 3 are made by Checkmate who appear in video to be getting ready to offer them under their own brand. I would not bet against other prominent brands using the same magazines or at least tubes.

I think Duramag is a new player, the SA magazines I saw did not at all resemble STI or Staccato.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post

the SA magazines I saw did not at all resemble STI or Staccato.
    They look pretty close in overall size and shape but Staccato mags appear to be polished stainless steel. The Duramag tubes appear to be some kind of carbon steel painted black. Biggest visual difference is the witness holes. Staccato has these down the back of the tube. Duramag has them down the side.

Base pads look similar but the folded edges of the tube are just different enough that base pads aren't interchangeable.

Well, they have to be very close in overall size and shape to fit the same pattern of gun, but as you list, they differ in about all fine details.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    Well, they have to be very close in overall size and shape to fit the same pattern of gun, but as you list, they differ in about all fine details.
    They're closer than you realize. Followers and springs interchange. Base plates do not. Aside from color and witness holes, indentations and creases are in the same locations. Both mags have mag catch slots on the left and right. If they were both black or both polished stainless it would be pretty hard to tell them apart.

Pics pulled off Humble Marksman's youtu.be video. Parody mag on the left. Staccato mag on the right.

Last edited by Tokarev; 09-19-2022 at 10:26 AM.

Checkmate mags now listed.

https://checkmatemagazines.com/product/2011-mag-9mm/

https://firearmsdepot.com/springfiel...digy-9mm-20rd/

Decent price.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

User Tag List