Page 22 of 65 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Springfield teasing a 2011?

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    How many rounds fired?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Those were the first 20 rounds out of the box. No cleaning or oiling.

I have a thing where I don’t generally clean or oil guns when they start. I usually run them for a few hundred rounds or until they choke.

Then I take them apart and look at the shiny parts. I shine those parts up more and then I clean and oil it.

That’s my usual break in procedure.

This F'ing guy seems to have gotten his to F'ing run. I guess putting some F'ing metal polishing compound has gotten his to smooth out to the point it wants to F'ing run.

Yet more support for the stance of never buying anything in the first year of production.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Mags 140 and 171

If anyone was wondering, mags are legal.

Name:  889F6E74-6221-4F35-9C3D-5DF3A2B3E6BD.jpg
Views: 636
Size:  32.7 KB

Prodigy mags next to Czechmate mags.

Also gaming…

Threw the Comp-tac holster onto a spare BOSS.

Name:  9257A481-6B80-4A91-92A8-3AA21085BEB7.jpg
Views: 633
Size:  38.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    Yet more support for the stance of never buying anything in the first year of production.
    Did we expect something different from Springfield? I've been happy with a few of their 1911s, but I had an EMP that was a lemon and saw a few others get one as well. These aren't a Professional grade model.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Quote Originally Posted by SecondsCount View Post
    Did we expect something different from Springfield? I've been happy with a few of their 1911s, but I had an EMP that was a lemon and saw a few others get one as well. These aren't a Professional grade model.
    Honestly, that's pretty much what I expect from the industry as a whole.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

I was on the fence on this pistol, then I did a deep dive on the cost of this, at LE price, versus a P Optics ready on their LE program. With the extra mags and optics plate the P includes, the two pistols is less than $400. Given the likelihood of having to tinker and change parts on the 1911DS, that gap doesn't seem worth the quality difference.

I totally get those who are buying at retail for both - the difference is more like $800, which is much more significant.

I find the out of the box issues disturbing if not puzzling. When my wife and I were both using Springfield 9mm 1911s in competition we had six: 2 match, 2 backup and 2 untouched spares ('cause California). These were Stainless Loaded Target, $900 bucks or so. Needed trigger work for competition but ran 100% from day 1. I'm sure the feeding from the double stack mags requires some attention to feed ramp angle, but the number of reports of like failures represents a step backward for Springfield (we did have to send one EMP back - burr in FP channel).

I've noticed YT reviews don't consistently disclose whether the sample was purchased or provided by Springfield. IMO this can be an important distinction. I can't image a manufacturer sending out a review sample without verify that it functioned. It's unreasonable for a modern firearm to required slide polishing or a 500 round break-in: 500 rounds to get it functioning plus 500 rounds verification prior to carrying?

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    I was on the fence on this pistol, then I did a deep dive on the cost of this, at LE price, versus a P Optics ready on their LE program. With the extra mags and optics plate the P includes, the two pistols is less than $400. Given the likelihood of having to tinker and change parts on the 1911DS, that gap doesn't seem worth the quality difference.

I totally get those who are buying at retail for both - the difference is more like $800, which is much more significant.
    Staccato offers a 15% discount to active law enforcement and a 10% discount to retired officers.

Plugging in a P Optics Ready with stainless barrel, I'm seeing $2399. With the LE discount this same gun would be $2039.15.

At full retail the Prodigy is $1499. The difference is $540.15.

Granted, we're short two mags and a mag well for the Parody but the gun does come with both an iron sight rear plate and a Vortex / Burris optics plate. Additional plates are $60 at full price so about half the price of Dawson plates.

Adding in two mags at full retail is $120. Not sure about mag wells and what may or may not fit. So let's say $150 here. Now the difference drops to about $270.

I haven't seen First Line pricing (or whatever SA calls the LE program) but if it is also 15% we're looking at $1376.15 for the pistol and two extra mags. So a difference of $600 or so.

15% doesn't seem like a good enough discount. Sportsman's Warehouse has the guns for $1449. With their 5% veteran discount the gun comes down to $1376. I'm guessing here but I'd say LE price is better than this. And googling mags shows the Dura Mags for about $35 although nobody has them in stock at this low price yet.

User Tag List