Page 9 of 65 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Springfield teasing a 2011?

For what it's worth, for everyone hoping for some other magazine design, the images from the video look to me standard like STI pattern magazines (perhaps with 10-8 base pads).
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Yes, this thing is coming to fruition.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    Thumb safeties mainly. Just thinking about all the “my trigger finger is my safety” Glock fanbois who are going to emotionally struggle with the change.

What’s old is new again!

(I’m a fan of thumb safeties personally).
    It is humorous to watch a number of the only striker-fired, no manual safety crowd fall in love with these. 20+ years of Glocks and more have left a major gap in the collective knowledge. If you started on a 1911 and want your eyes to bleed, look at the number of them taping down the grip safety.

Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    While true, the bigger problem is the character himself.
    What's the issue? Have never met him, though I've heard a bit of his CV. An experienced cop friend took a tactics class from him & positive feedback.

Is Springfield teasing a 2011?

Quote Originally Posted by Erick Gelhaus View Post

It is humorous to watch a number of the only striker-fired, no manual safety crowd fall in love with these. 20+ years of Glocks and more have left a major gap in the collective knowledge. If you started on a 1911 and want your eyes to bleed, look at the number of them taping down the grip safety.

What's the issue? Have never met him, though I've heard a bit of his CV. An experienced cop friend took a tactics class from him & positive feedback.
    Lots of questionable actions and statements as reported by my former coworkers. I have no personal experience so won’t go further than that, but plenty of guys that I know and respect that clearly don’t respect him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Lots of questionable actions and statements as reported by my former coworkers. I have no personal experience so won’t go further than that, but plenty of guys that I know and respect that clearly don’t respect him.

Thank you

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Erick Gelhaus View Post

Cringe marketing aside, he’s a guy with a respectable actual CV who allegedly still felt the need to to “enhance” it. Not the first, ain’t be the last.

Just looking at the features, it looks like a 5" gun, with fiber optic front and blacked out rear sight (in its own dovetail and not on an optic plate), with a flush cut muzzle. The RMR looks like it sits quite low on the slide compared to the Staccato DPO system. Here's a few other angles from the video.

Name:  Springfield - 1.jpg
Views: 639
Size:  46.1 KB
    Name:  Springfield - 2.jpg
Views: 650
Size:  33.4 KB
    Name:  Springfield - 3.jpg
Views: 644
Size:  25.0 KB
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

5" gun with the butler cut slide and rail is probably my favorite looking style of 2011, but it may be worth noting that STI/Staccato tried that and opted for a shorter slide. Really hoping the slide supports optics other than the RMR and SRO. IMO it would be a step backwards to not have a modular system when that is standard for Staccatos.

It did look like the rmr was on a plate. Some guys still prefer rmr for duty and cool guy points. Also looks cleaner than the bigger closed emitter optics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyesquared View Post
    5" gun with the butler cut slide and rail is probably my favorite looking style of 2011, but it may be worth noting that STI/Staccato tried that and opted for a shorter slide. Really hoping the slide supports optics other than the RMR and SRO. IMO it would be a step backwards to not have a modular system when that is standard for Staccatos.
    I agree that it should be modular in some way...however I do think the other RDS makers do need to standardize a footprint and I feel the RMR footprint might as well be it.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post

2011s are a no go for me due to the lack of firing pin safety (drop safe concerns), but I hope for those who want one that SA does right by them.

Did anyone here ever try the Para DAO type trigger? Maybe called the LDA?
    Most modern 1911s in general use a small (even.45s are using what started as a 9mm pin) titanium firing pin to prevent primers igniting from the gun being dropped. Lightweight, low inertia = very light strikes or none due to lack of momentum available to overcome the fp spring. My understanding.

User Tag List