Page 34 of 65 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Springfield teasing a 2011?

Quote Originally Posted by Vista461 View Post
    Are the Prodigy and Stacatto P grips about the same size?
    Yes.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Handled the Commander sized version Saturday and it's safety and trigger were GTG. I love the grip. A friend there reported our mutual LEO buddy has one that they've run 2K rounds through and it's been spectacular. One data point.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Crow, it's what's for dinner!

By this point, pretty much anyone who knows me knows I'm VERY skeptical about anything Springfield does. Imagine my surprise when, last week, I accompanied my buddy to the LGS to check out a Prodigy, and, while waiting for him to do his thing, noticed they had a 4.25" LE at VERY aggressive pricing, with three magazines. Well, $h1+, I can resist anything except temptation.

So now we're both the owners of 4.25" Prodigies. I gave them a thorough once over before we paid (he was offered his choice of several pistols). Trigger on mine is a little heavy, but crisp - completely workable. Trigger on his is as good as any 1911 trigger I've ever encountered, and much better than any of the three different Staccatos I've owned. Fit is reasonable - definitely not hand fit "ball bearing" smooth, but plenty good for a range beater, and $1000 less than even the "hero" priced Staccato. Safety levers on both are very positive with no slop. There are some weird casting marks inside his frame that show a total lack of QC, but they don't appear to have any impact on function, so again, you get what you pay for.

The two-piece guide rod blows. Does anyone know if the Dawson 4.15" guide rod for the old style Staccato P will work in this pistol? Or do they make a 4.25" version?

Range results are limited at this point, probably about 100 through his and twice that through mine. His sights are regulated best to 115gr FMJ, mine are fine with my 124gr reloads. There's a surprising difference in where the two pistols shoot - my reloads in his pistol print 3-6" high at 25 yards. Accuracy on both pistols is fine. He's had one failure to feed, I've had no issues. All five of our combined magazines load to capacity, seat when loaded to capacity, and lock the slide open when empty.

I'd forgotten how much fun it is to shoot 1911 style 9mms. This one will get a bunch more range time when the weather improves.

Primary Arms has the 4.25 in stock for FirstLine pricing right now for anyone looking.

Points better

Dawson arched mainspring housing.

Points more like a CZ for me now.

Name:  E437EA0C-9A88-45C5-AF53-B8BA799547CA.jpg
Views: 474
Size:  78.8 KB

Dremeled FF3 until the RMR AOS comes.

Name:  D5661194-F654-4DE4-A44E-59F822ECC486.jpg
Views: 441
Size:  25.4 KB

Name:  1D03282A-E444-43B6-B3BD-7B2F96882423.jpg
Views: 447
Size:  18.2 KB

Hilton Yam has some pics up on Instagram of his guns with the RMR plates. Maybe this means plates will be shipping soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Hilton Yam has some pics up on Instagram of his guns with the RMR plates. Maybe this means plates will be shipping soon.

Got an email today that Springfield charged my card for the RMR plates so I think they’re coming soon!

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    Got an email today that Springfield charged my card for the RMR plates so I think they’re coming soon!
    No email from S-A but I do see a pending charge on my card. A Christmas miracle!

Had the Prodigy out again today. Primary goal was to pick a new load since I was able to score some N320. Had 80 rounds in four different charge weights to run - shot them all from seated using my range bag as a rest. Target was an IPSC cardboard with the "A" sharpied in for a fine aiming point.

The good - several of the loads shot five shots into under 3" - with me not REALLY doing my darnedest to focus on all the fundamentals of marksmanship due to weather in the low-mid 30s and swirly winds. After shooting my accuracy rounds, I switched to a box of random 9mm 124gr FMJ, and worked D2s at 10 yards on my 6" steel circle. Basically, I can't miss from the holster, even going full balls out "hero" speed (tip of the hat to @JCN). The sights return to rest very quickly, allowing very fast and controllable doubles and triples. Switching to 100 yards on the ranges bigger-than-IPSC steel was another success - 17/19 hits from the holster shooting both eyes open and just putting the green fiber COM and kissing the trigger.

The bad - my Prodigy does NOT like 124gr TC FMJs. I'm loading RMR "Match Winner" lights - which I seated slightly UNDER recommended length in order to make sure they feed in my Glock's shortish chamber. Of the 40 rounds I fired through the Proidigy, 37 failed to feed, hanging up on the feed ramp. I guess the two options are to sell off the RMRs and switch to a FMJ RN profile bullet, or start seating the rounds dummies deeper until they feed smoothly. Interestingly enough, the rounds as loaded fed 100% with no drama through my Gen5 G19 and P365XL.

User Tag List