Page 11 of 65 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Springfield teasing a 2011?

There is at least one brand of non-grip safety beavertail; you don't have to pin it.
    And if you buy their gun, nobody can say you "deactivated a safety device."
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    There is at least one brand of non-grip safety beavertail; you don't have to pin it.
    And if you buy their gun, nobody can say you "deactivated a safety device."
    Last I checked Novak sell their safeyless grip safety “the answer” to the public, you have to send your gun in to have it installed/fitted.

And since we’re enablers here it looks like they have a few pistols with a fixed backstrap in stock and ready to ship for anyone interested.

http://www.novaksinc.com/novak-elite-combat-custom.html

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    Last I checked Novak sell their safeyless grip safety “the answer” to the public, you have to send your gun in to have it installed/fitted.

And since we’re enablers here it looks like they have a few pistols with a fixed backstrap in stock and ready to ship for anyone interested.

http://www.novaksinc.com/novak-elite-combat-custom.html
    Those Novaks with Pete Single front strap checkering... yummy!

Site Supporter
    It would still be disactivating a safety device to install one on an already built pistol, so not kosher for those who don’t want to do that. But, Cheely offers a “pinned” grip safety that has an oversized bottom lug that you fit to the MSH.

https://ccgunworks.com/pinned-e2-beavertail/

I’ve never understood pinning grip safeties on anything other than a competition gun. I like them, but I’ve never had issues with deactivating them either.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by Paul D View Post
    I think he is ethnic Chinese. His professional credential and experience are so impressive. I guess that is not enough to market one's self in this business.

I don't remember reading/hearing about Vinh resorting to those measures. I'm probably wrong.

There is some exaggeration on the professional and experience stuff too .

Quote Originally Posted by pm07 View Post
    That would be disappointing. If this is true, then he would be the perfect representative for Springfield Armory.

Springfield Armory: We made decent 1911s and had a good custom shop. Other than that we never really innovated or had an original idea and are selling stuff that was created in a different country.

I've had bad experiences with their stuff including their custom shop. I'm never buying anything from them again.

Quote Originally Posted by pm07 View Post
    That’s what I heard from someone whose word we’d all trust as well.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Looks like the release is getting closer (probably September 3rd). Apparently the name of the model is 'Prodigy'.
    Name:  Screen Shot.jpg
Views: 718
Size:  32.7 KB
    Last edited by JSGlock34; 08-26-2022 at 04:48 PM.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

More information seems to be trickling out. Price is rumored to start ~$1499. 4.5" and 5" guns at launch. Unlike in the Tu Lam video, the slides appear cut for the Springfield Hex optic. Haven't seen a detailed picture of the magazines yet, but they appear to be a Springfield design and not the standard 2011 magazine.
    Name:  1911DS - 1.jpg
Views: 555
Size:  48.8 KB
    Last edited by JSGlock34; 08-28-2022 at 04:35 PM.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

User Tag List