Page 49 of 65 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Springfield teasing a 2011?

Quote Originally Posted by thatguybryan View Post
    Yeah, I remember that too. I am wondering what the cost and turnaround time will be. My assumption is that the price of the work will make the prodigy + this package the cost of a staccato.
    Cost is going to be a huge thing because if this were the case then why wouldn't you just buy a Staccato?

My guess is there will be a basic package at a reasonable price with upgrade options that would bring the cost up.

Would be interesting if Chambers or someone would just sell the upgraded pistol instead of shipping back and forth, would also knock a few bucks off the process.

Quote Originally Posted by bofe954 View Post
    Would be interesting if Chambers or someone would just sell the upgraded pistol instead of shipping back and forth, would also knock a few bucks off the process.
    Yeah, this would make more sense to me. Hilton Yam could also do that because he’s done similar things in the past. I think someone on here suggested a TRP-level Prodigy line direct from Springfield, and that would be awesome too.

Quote Originally Posted by 60167 View Post
    I do the whole comprehensive degrease plus blue loctite and torque process. I've even "bedded" the plate and optic on with E600, making sure to get it smeared across the screw heads on the plate. I've been mounting plates and optics with great success since 2017 so I doubt I'm the weak link in this system.
    Are the screws installing into blind holes? If so, could any of them be bottoming out and not clamping down on the plate?

Quote Originally Posted by EzGoingKev View Post
    Cost is going to be a huge thing because if this were the case then why wouldn't you just buy a Staccato?

My guess is there will be a basic package at a reasonable price with upgrade options that would bring the cost up.
    Quote Originally Posted by thatguybryan View Post
    Yeah, I remember that too. I am wondering what the cost and turnaround time will be. My assumption is that the price of the work will make the prodigy + this package the cost of a staccato.
    Some sort of "pre packaged" upgrade gun would be nifty. It could be offered in various packages. Option One would be a de-horn and basic tune. Option Two could be replace MIM ignition parts. Option Three could be replace all MIM parts, etc.

The cost of any of Chambers upgrade will likely exceed the cost of a similar Staccato. But the factory Staccato won't have been tuned by Chambers. Sometimes people want those types of pedigrees assigned to their pistols be they basic 1911s upgraded by Yost, Brown, Williams, etc. A custom gun for the sake of owning. And the bragging rights that accompany.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Joe said on one of the P&S podcasts the package should be in the $700-900 range once finalized.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CtiEmlkrPJC/

https://www.boresightsolutions.com/p...grip-with-msh/

Boresight Solutions is selling pre-textured MJD grip modules.

My buddy was shooting his Prodigy on Thu, and the front sight fell clean off just from recoil. If I had to guess, I'd say he's put way less than 500 rounds through his pistol.

SA CS told him they were sure the dovetail was properly cut, and opined the person who installed the front sight probably just "over fit" it so it was a little loose. A replacement FS is en route, but we're wondering if it's time to just upgrade him to a better front sight from Harrison or some other shop.

4900 Rounds as of yesterday.

I was shooting a USPSA match and the trigger started sticking to the rear a couple times every stage or so. I'd come off the trigger during reset and it wouldn't go forward causing me to rack the slide to reset the trigger. The gun presented as fine while I was messing with it in the safe area, I think there was a build up of grit in the frame where the trigger bow rides.

I did a deep clean last night and I think the trigger moves more freely in the frame.
    If you're not going to learn to use the front sight properly, don't bother with it. If pointing the gun, screaming "Ahhhhh!" and cranking on the trigger is all you can learn to do, work on doing that safely. -ToddG

It took a good amount of trial and error but I believe I have the Checkmate mags where I want them.

Creases in the tubes have been squeezed to .570 more or less. I think two of them ended up around .574 while the 3rd is something like .568. I assume the tubes will "grow" a bit once allowed to sit fully loaded.

The factory springs have been replaced with ISMI 11 coil. Followers, floor plates, etc remain unchanged.

Prior to massaging the mags easily loaded to seventeen with a little room to spare. Now all three are pretty much at max when loaded to seventeen. One will accept the last round pretty easily while the other two require a good amount of downward pressure to accept the last cartridge.

Note that the gap between one round and the next is now largely gone. I would prefer a slightly more upward angle to the round stack and feed lips but all three mags feed dummy rounds while easing the slide shut and while racking it quickly and/or while dropping the slide using the slide release. All three also lock the slide open when empty although the follower doesn't push the notch fully into the groove with one of the mags. I'm hoping as the parts wear a bit the follower will move up just a bit more.

Lots of squeezing and bending but I'm hoping the result is a fully reliable magazine. All in all it is probably way easier to just buy the factory Staccato mags from Albinus Enterprises out of San Antonio or spend $65 on the Atlas mags.

User Tag List