Page 1 of 65 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Springfield teasing a 2011?

Is Springfield teasing a 2011?

In this Springfield Armory video featuring Tau Lam, there appears to be a Springfield roll marked 2011 with a slide mounted RMR. The pistol appears around 2:50.

Here are two screenshots; in the first you can see the holstered pistol as well as the high-capacity magazines on the belt. In the second you can see the RMR and what appears to be a 2011 frame (note the trigger guard screw).

Name:  Springfield - 1.jpg
Views: 2740
Size:  26.8 KB
    Name:  Springfield - 2.jpg
Views: 2788
Size:  20.5 KB

Interestingly, Agency Arms has recently been teasing a collaboration with Ronin Tactics, and has been coy about the base gun.

http://instagram.com/p/CgmiTNNroU4/
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Hmmm. Looks like you might have made a good catch.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Since Dan Wesson has shelved the DWX I suspect that others see an opening.
    I've got that itch scratched (well, for now - you know how that goes) so I wont be in the market but the more options the better.

I think there were a few things learned from the Staccato. The 2011 has regained favor among the carry and compete crowd. Plus it looks cool on Instagram.

They need to fix the cocking serrations. Those look hideous in my traditional eyes.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichiban View Post
    Since Dan Wesson has shelved the DWX I suspect that others see an opening.
    I've got that itch scratched (well, for now - you know how that goes) so I wont be in the market but the more options the better.
    I don’t think it’s that complicated or that the DWX is a factor other than to PF level gun nerds.

Single action autos (1911. BHP) are SA’s “bread and butter” and optic capable guns are hot right now.

2011’s are off patent so SA doesn’t need to seek out some weird Serbo-Croatian single action pistol that takes proprietary magazines.

Quote Originally Posted by SecondsCount View Post
    I think there were a few things learned from the Staccato. The 2011 has regained favor among the carry and compete crowd. Plus it looks cool on Instagram.

They need to fix the cocking serrations. Those look hideous in my traditional eyes.
    And all of a sudden all the safety haters are silent too….

If they allowed 2011s in CO, I would consider making a platform change.

Site Supporter
    I would be more surprised if SA didn’t do a 2011.

The one he's shooting in the Springfield video is a pretty good looking gun. Hopefully it's compatible with something other than the RMR or SRO.

Makes sense for Springfield to get into the 2011 game as the most affordable competitor for an actual 2011 is STI at over $2k AFAIK

Magazine wise it is supposed to be proprietary mag but also work with STI mags .

Hi Risk Customer Services
    Can we truly trust the word of someone using a Non-Ultra X300???

User Tag List