Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: EPS Carry issue

EPS Carry issue

In the process of zeroing her EPS Carry on a 365 Spectre Comp today, my wife managed to turn the optic off three times in four magazines of shooting. When I went to shoot it, I also ended up turning it off.

Initially, I was puzzled because I have never experienced that issue with Holosun optics before. Looking at the design of the EPS Carry, the +/- buttons are large and close together. With a small slide pistol like the 365, it is natural to grab the optic. Unfortunately, each time we grabbed the optic, we were adjusting the intensity inadvertently, or worse, turning the optic off.

If I was going to carry this optic, it would only be in lock out mode. Of course, this means you will have to go out of lock out mode to adjust dot intensity. I would like to say I would never grab the optic, but things happen. Holosun could probably tweak the programming so it requires holding the plus and minus for three seconds to turn the unit off, but that still leaves the inadvertent intensity changes when touching the body of the optic
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Those reddots have been making a case for irons lately.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

The enemy of good is perfect.

I’m good with what I have.

I pulled out slides with the 509T, 407K and 407CO, and neither my wife nor I could accidentally turn the optic off no matter how we worked the slide.

Ironically I changed my racking hand position to be hand over when this happened to me with a Romeo3Max.

Now I don’t grab the optic sides when manipulating the slide (which probably a good idea anyway per Cowan).

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    Now I don’t grab the optic sides when manipulating the slide (which probably a good idea anyway per Cowan).
    Ayup. I’m all about the forward cocking serrations these days… even with the skinnier CZ slides it seems to work better for me.

Maybe Holosun can modify the sensitivity or the interface but we’re in 2022 and Glock still wants you to pull the trigger to disassemble so...
    When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk. -Tuco
    Today is victory over yourself of yesterday... -Miyamoto Musashi

On a short slide pistol like a 365, the serrations are too close to the muzzle for my liking. My preferred method is to come over the slide and let the base of my palm contact the front edge of the optic.

Quote Originally Posted by guymontag View Post
    Ayup. I’m all about the forward cocking serrations these days… even with the skinnier CZ slides it seems to work better for me.

Maybe Holosun can modify the sensitivity or the interface but we’re in 2022 and Glock still wants you to pull the trigger to disassemble so...
    I had to grip tape the front of the TSO slides to be able to use the same technique.

I love grip tape when coupled with a quality 3M adhesive.

@GJM - thanks for the heads up. I have an EPS carry, a just tried some(dry) manipulations. I only was able to affect adjustment buttons when I consciously put the heel of my left hand into the left side of the optic- heard a click, and went down one intensity step. Your point is valid.
    I have the sight on a 43X. I also have on that piece a Tango Down back plate and slide lever. I usually use the slide lever to release, or tug on the extended backplate. I’m like you- cautious of the forward serrations. I might use “administratively” loading/ unloading, but watch it on a malfunction…
    On a stoppage reduction, I believe the palm flat against the forward lens way to go. Issue to watch out for on a short slide like 43X is blocking the ejecting case.
    All little idiosyncrasies we need to learn. Not a dealbreaker as I like the sight; perhaps Holosun should increase the button effort and/or put a guard around the buttons in future runs.

User Tag List