Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: EPS Carry issue

@SoCalDep

This is a gaming thing so may not apply at all and take it FWIW:

When I overhand to rack slide (either on load and make ready or unload and show clear), I physically maintain control over the whole stroke back and forth, never letting go.

Instead of “riding the slide” with a release, I push the slide closed manually and feel the round slide under the extractor.

I like this technique because I can control all phases of the open and close and feel and diagnose issues through the movement. It’s like hand cycling rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDep View Post
    Yes… just like pulling back on a slingshot.
    It's interesting how adding an RDS results in us rethinking basic manipulations. My approach has been to keep doing everything just like I do with an iron-sighted handgun. Maybe I'm stubborn, but I want a consistent manual of arms. I'm willing to pass on optics that aren't compatible with that.

I prefer overhand to slingshot for reasons that I'm sure we are all familiar with: mechanical advantage for malfunction clearance, keeping gun close to body, same hand position as for stovepipe clearance...
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I pulled out slides with the 509T, 407K and 407CO, and neither my wife nor I could accidentally turn the optic off no matter how we worked the slide.
    I've done it a few times with my 407K......now that Im aware of the issue....Ive trained myself out of the problem. YMMV.

Best,

Will

I've converted to using the pinch method for when I absolutely must rack the slide.

This is a non issue so long as you're aware of the fact that you may hit the buttons if you choose to contact the optic during remedial action or administrative loading. The Trijicon RMR AND SRO can each suffer from this "issue". It's good to talk about these things as it raises awareness but we also need to be realistic in that it's not a real problem for those us that can cognitively process...
    Last edited by Magsz; 08-04-2022 at 11:43 PM.

User Tag List