Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Aimsurplus LE trade 14.5” REM 870 Rifle Sight Barrels

Site Supporter

Aimsurplus LE trade 14.5” REM 870 Rifle Sight Barrels

For those who have SBS or are planning a Form 1:

AimSurplus has LE trade in 14.5” Rifle sight barrels for Remington 870s for $129.

Based on the photos these appear to be similar to the DEA barrels with the XS express sights rather than the traditional Remington Rifle sights.

The caption says they are 3 inch chambers but the item description says they are mixed 3 inch and 2 3/4 inch. There was not an option to specify.

https://www.aimsurplus.com/products/...w-rifle-sights

Name:  890AD178-06FB-460C-A965-CEDF6FF7E01C.jpeg
Views: 2403
Size:  85.5 KB

Bought one as soon as I saw the email.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Yup, I bought three. If I get one 3" chamber I will be happy, I'll pimp the other two out on Gunbroker.

Here's a question about SBS. If a person bought a barrel and didn't attach it to a shotgun right away could they then get ATF approval and attach it later. I'd like to have one but not sure what the form 1 entails.

Never mind. SBS are illegal in WA.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    Here's a question about SBS. If a person bought a barrel and didn't attach it to a shotgun right away could they then get ATF approval and attach it later. I'd like to have one but not sure what the form 1 entails.

Are TAC-14's Legal?
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

To answer your question, if you have the barrel and an actual 870 (that isn’t an SBS or a Tac-14) in your possession at the same time, then you have constructive possession of an SBS and could theoretically be charged w having an unregistered SBS.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Yup, I bought three. If I get one 3" chamber I will be happy, I'll pimp the other two out on Gunbroker.
    The site would only allow me to purchase 1.
    "Knowledge is good." Emil Faber, date unknown.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Lehr View Post
    Are TAC-14's Legal?
    Not sure what that is. Is that the shotgun with the pistol grip and no stock? I've never seen one in use here nor do I know anyone who owns one.

Not sure what that is. Is that the shotgun with the pistol grip and no stock? I've never seen one in use here nor do I know anyone who owns one.
    Tac-14

OK, I researched it all I care to. Seems there is some question about Tac-14 and what it actually is in WA, shotgun or pistol. Steering clear of that one.

So I answered my own question. If it has a stock and less than 18'' barrel it's illegal here in WA. I can't own a SBS even if I have ATF approval.

I have a 20" barrel for my 870 so I guess that's as close as I'll get.

User Tag List