Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Aimsurplus LE trade 14.5” REM 870 Rifle Sight Barrels

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    OK, I researched it all I care to. Seems there is some question about Tac-14 and what it actually is in WA, shotgun or pistol. Steering clear of that one.

So I answered my own question. If it has a stock and less than 18'' barrel it's illegal here in WA. I can't own a SBS even if I have ATF approval.

I have a 20" barrel for my 870 so I guess that's as close as I'll get.
    You won't even get ATF approval for a SBS in Washington.

Site Supporter
    Tac-14 are legal in washington. They are transferred as a firearm, not a pistol or a shotgun, so its like doing paper work on a lower.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    OK, I researched it all I care to. Seems there is some question about Tac-14 and what it actually is in WA, shotgun or pistol. Steering clear of that one.

So I answered my own question. If it has a stock and less than 18'' barrel it's illegal here in WA. I can't own a SBS even if I have ATF approval.

I have a 20" barrel for my 870 so I guess that's as close as I'll get.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    For those who have SBS or are planning a Form 1:

AimSurplus has LE trade in 14.5” Rifle sight barrels for Remington 870s for $129.

Based on the photos these appear to be similar to the DEA barrels with the XS express sights rather than the traditional Remington Rifle sights.

The caption says they are 3 inch chambers but the item description says they are mixed 3 inch and 2 3/4 inch. There was not an option to specify.

https://www.aimsurplus.com/products/...w-rifle-sights

Attachment 92165
    Dear lord thank you for posting this. I have a 3" 870P I've been just praying I could Form 1 for about 10 years now. Ordered one immediately.

I did a Form 1 on an old Wingmaster and cut it to 12". Just so happens I listed 14.5" as on the addendum. Thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post

The caption says they are 3 inch chambers but the item description says they are mixed 3 inch and 2 3/4 inch. There was not an option to specify.

Attachment 92165
    That may be a misprint of what's engraved on the barrel. LE barrels like that are generally engraved "12GA. 2-3/4" or 3" "

Matt Haught
    SYMTAC Consulting LLC
    https://sym-tac.com

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    That may be a misprint of what's engraved on the barrel. LE barrels like that are generally engraved "12GA. 2-3/4" or 3" "
    Sounds plausible.

3'' barrels will work on a 2.75" receiver. The receiver may not function with a 3" shell however.

So everybody should be good with either barrel. Barrels that are marked 2 3/4'' or 3" are 3'' chambers.

Sounds like they're all 3'' barrels. Those have been around a long time. The Police Magnum was 3'', barrel and receiver.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    OK, with the barrel ordered... what is the best way to put a dot on an 870P? My receiver is not tapped for picatinny rail. If there are gold-standard shops I will probably use them. Wilson Combat seems to offer this for $150, could do worse but open to competing offers.

Please @ me if anyone finds 14" 590 grs barrels

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    OK, with the barrel ordered... what is the best way to put a dot on an 870P? My receiver is not tapped for picatinny rail. If there are gold-standard shops I will probably use them. Wilson Combat seems to offer this for $150, could do worse but open to competing offers.
    Those sights seem lower profile than the standard slug sights. I'd be concerned that a pic rail would make them unusable.

Drilling and tapping for the pic rail is a pretty straight forward job, you could do it yourself if you have a drill press and a drill press vise. Any local gunsmith should be able to do the job without a problem and save you the time and trouble of shipping.

Another thought might be a sidesaddle-rail combo. I've used both Mesa and Tac-Star side saddles, but not the rail versions. I'd favor Mesa over Tac-Star because the Tac-Star's seem more prone to stripping the threads in the side plates.

https://www.mesatactical.com/product...2-ga-5-in.html ($120.00)

https://www.amazon.com/TacStar-Indus.../dp/B00I77PNUA ($74.00)
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

User Tag List