Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Aimsurplus LE trade 14.5” REM 870 Rifle Sight Barrels

Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    Got mine yesterday. A lot of very shallow scuffing of the Parkerizing on the outside, the barrel's filthy with visible shreds of plastic. No big deal, it's easy to clean and it's gonna get Vanged anyway. Like most of y'all, mine's marked 2-3/4" OR 3", and MOD choke. Sights are typical XS and in good shape. All in all, I can't complain for the price.
    Your choices carry some weight, so what are you going to have Cody do? I'm dropping my barrel off tomorrow, shotty's already there. I planned on just the back bore/inside work, no porting.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorsai View Post
    Your choices carry some weight, so what are you going to have Cody do? I'm dropping my barrel off tomorrow, shotty's already there. I planned on just the back bore/inside work, no porting.
    I'm not entirely sure. Definitely getting the internal work with no ports, but not sure what I want to do re: sighting system. I kind of want to get it set up for a red dot, as I don't have a dotted SBS yet and I really ought to.

Matt Haught
    SYMTAC Consulting LLC
    https://sym-tac.com

Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    I'm not entirely sure. Definitely getting the internal work with no ports, but not sure what I want to do re: sighting system. I kind of want to get it set up for a red dot, as I don't have a dotted SBS yet and I really ought to.
    Gasp.......

Next month when you visit, I'll be happy to welcome you to The One True Faith.

The sights on these barrels look too low to get a co-witness with an optic.
    Are you loyal to the constitution or the “institution”?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Blackburn View Post
    The sights on these barrels look too low to get a co-witness with an optic.
    Correct. Although you could probably have tall sights made if you wanted to try that. They take a common footprint (XS rear and Remington front).
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Mine came in today. Nothing particularly note worthy, sights intact, bore is dirty but good, 2 3/4 & 3", mod choke, scuffs all over the outside but nothing appears to be wrong that would affect function.

I also got a Mesa Tactical adapter so I can mount a brace on a Tac-14. A Tac-14 I don't actually own yet...but I have seen a few still new in a couple of stores in my area so I should be able to get one.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Of the three I ordered, one was missing the rear sight blade. That's not something you can order from X/S Sights as a replacement part, as far as I know.
    It's XS' standard 1911 rear sight

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Correct. Although you could probably have tall sights made if you wanted to try that. They take a common footprint (XS rear and Remington front).
    So the XS rear sight is two piece; 1 the mount, 2 a 1911 rear sight (I cannot remember if its USGI or NLM, but I think its the former). If its NLM, an adjustable rear is possible, though if they are considered "fragile" on a 1911, I assume on a 12 gauge it would be very much so. The front sight is actually a heavily modified Remington sight mount, though as you mention the footprint is the same.

I dunno, if you are needing/wanting to change all that, you might as well pull the sights on there now and start with a clean slate. Get the standard Remington adjustable front and rear and chose one of the last three on this page

https://xssights.com/products/sights...hts/remington/

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    I received mine today and the bore on mine is extremely clean save for a little bit of plastic fouling right at the forcing cone. Someone actually took time to clean this barrel...although the rear sight is drifted significantly left, so maybe it shoots weird. I guess I'll find out.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    I received mine today and the bore on mine is extremely clean save for a little bit of plastic fouling right at the forcing cone. Someone actually took time to clean this barrel...although the rear sight is drifted significantly left, so maybe it shoots weird. I guess I'll find out.
    One of mine, the rear is drifted almost all the way to the left, while the front is drifted all the way right. Will find out tomorrow if this was a shooter or a barrel, or I guess a gun/barrel combination issue.

User Tag List