Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Aimsurplus LE trade 14.5” REM 870 Rifle Sight Barrels

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Blackburn View Post
    Thoughts on braces for these?
    I haven't shot mine yet but I can already tell I don't like it as much as the Magpul SGA. I don't dislike it though. I always thought 870s with AR stocks looked cool, and 14" barrels and Surefire fore ends even more so, but this might be one time where the looks aren't worth even the slight decrease in practicality. I'll have to take it to the range and play around with it next to a stocked shotgun to decide if I want to SBS it or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

What about the legalities?
    Are you loyal to the constitution or the “institution”?

Thoughts on braces for these?
    I’ve got one on mine. Not optimal but works until I form 1 it.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

What about the legalities?
    Well I could be very wrong but even with the last proposed rule change, everything I'm seeing is talking about stuff with rifled barrels and excludes smoothbores. Did any of that even go into effect? Did anything actually change? If it did I missed it. Even if it did it doesn't apply to Tac-14s based on my (cursory) research.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Site Supporter
    Mine came with some scuffs on the exterior and the sight bases dinged. The bore was pretty much clean, but not as smooth as most other shotgun barrels. The rear sight is way off to the left side. The front sight is centered on the base.

It was getting dark, but I tried a few rounds of birdshot on some clays on my backstop at 15 yards. No problem picking a clay and breaking it while leaving the others if they were over a foot away. Put up three B8s and shot two rounds at 10 yards and one at 15 yards with Fiocchi 12EX00BK. The pics tell the tale, I'd say the sights are on. I'll try some FC soon, but I'm not expecting much better from the modified choke.

The Fiocchi 12EX00BK is a very pleasant load to shoot. All three shots had all 9 pellets on paper, but things are getting iffy at 15 yards.

Name:  Barrel-1.jpg
Views: 484
Size:  45.0 KB

Name:  Barrel-2.jpg
Views: 491
Size:  41.1 KB

Name:  Fiocchi 00 Buck-1.jpg
Views: 483
Size:  50.9 KB

Name:  Fiocchi 00 Buck-2.jpg
Views: 535
Size:  50.8 KB

Name:  Fiocchi 00 Buck-3.jpg
Views: 515
Size:  52.4 KB

Site Supporter
    My order should arrive tomorrow. Who make a durable pistol grip brace mount?

Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

User Tag List