Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Aimsurplus LE trade 14.5” REM 870 Rifle Sight Barrels

I received my surplus/used 14" 870 rifle-sighted barrel from AimSurplus.
    Thanks for the referral, btw, whoever that was who posted it.
    https://aimsurplus.com/products/leo-...w-rifle-sights
    Sorry, no pictures at this time.

I've not shot with it yet, but was fairly clean and looked good after a few quick swipes with my cleaning mop/tool.

This barrel is replacing my stock 14" barrel which I'd epoxied-on an XS "Big Dot".
    https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1006020982?pid=399880

My "Big Dot" epoxy-job sight has come off twice since I put it on.
    Perhaps my latest re-epoxy-job would stay on this time, perhaps not.

I'd already bought a drill press and replacement brass beads with taps should that Big Dot sight fly off again, but when this barrel deal materialized, I immediately ordered one.

Note: Although the XS glue-on sight was supposed to fit over an existing brass bead sight, I found I needed to cut off the original bead as the XS sight just wouldn't fit over the existing bead. I think it was due to Remington putting the bead sight onto a pedestal with the 14" barrel I had.

I recall these rifle sighted barrels being $200 or more when they were being sold as new (maybe even over $300).
    https://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/mgwi/prod/27129

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Just filed my eForm 1 to SBS my 870P. Looks like approvals are sitting around 50 days. Really looking forward to getting this put together.

One question - I noticed in looking at my barrel today that there's a lot of schmutz in it. Worried there might be some pitting - waiting on a new 12ga bore brush so I can scrub it out thoroughly before I get too worried about it.

If there is pitting, is it worth getting worked up over? Thinking about using a flex hone to buff out any pitting but not sure if it's worth the effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Just filed my eForm 1 to SBS my 870P. Looks like approvals are sitting around 50 days. Really looking forward to getting this put together.

One question - I noticed in looking at my barrel today that there's a lot of schmutz in it. Worried there might be some pitting - waiting on a new 12ga bore brush so I can scrub it out thoroughly before I get too worried about it.

If there is pitting, is it worth getting worked up over? Thinking about using a flex hone to buff out any pitting but not sure if it's worth the effort.
    Who do you use to engrave your SBS?
    Are you loyal to the constitution or the “institution”?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Blackburn View Post
    Who do you use to engrave your SBS?
    Capitol Armory.

Capitol Armory.
    Just send them the receiver only?

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar

I'd see how it shoots. If it patterns well for you, don't worry about it. If it sucks out loud, try honing the bore, chamber, and forcing cone and see if that makes a difference. I don't know where these barrels came from, but most police service barrels could use a proper de-leading at a minimum because cops are loathe to clean shotguns.
    3/15/2016

Where on the receiver do you engrave your info?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Blackburn View Post
    Just send them the receiver only?
    Yep!

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    I'd see how it shoots. If it patterns well for you, don't worry about it. If it sucks out loud, try honing the bore, chamber, and forcing cone and see if that makes a difference. I don't know where these barrels came from, but most police service barrels could use a proper de-leading at a minimum because cops are loathe to clean shotguns.
    Got it. Will do! Just have to wait for the ATF fairies to sign my permission slip...

Here's my barrel on a Tac-14 I just picked up. The A2 grip is just what I had laying around. I think a Magpul grip is in order along with a +1 tube extension and dome head safety. If I really get to liking this thing I'll spring for a Surefire fore end but the engine in my truck took a shit on my way back from picking up the Tac-14 so might be a minute before I do that.

Name:  tac-14.jpg
Views: 308
Size:  76.1 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Thoughts on braces for these?

User Tag List