Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Heritage Tactical Cowboy: I don’t recall us doing this one yet…

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    You couldn't talk them into an optics cut holster, or didn't want to ask? Just yanking your chain a bit, because I'm jealous that you can drop in at

Sparks.
    I actually had the holster a long time before I considered putting an RDO on the Blackhawk. These holsters last pretty much a lifetime, and then your offspring's lifetime, and then..

But I may have to have one built that is cut for an optic, as I really really like shooting the Bhawk with a dot on it. Power and precision, all in a fairly compact, belt portable package.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gato naranja View Post
    *The Herter's catalog, along with the Dixie Gun Works catalogs of the same era, provided more entertainment - and sometimes unintentional humor - than anything offered today.
    I'm dating myself, here, but my dad had a Herter's catalog. I wanted a 1911. I thought that I could do odd jobs, amass some cash, order one with a postal money order and have it sent to General Delivery so my folks wouldn't find out about it. (Clearly, I didn't think that through.) I did odd jobs around the neighborhood, about anything somebody would pay me for. I was maybe half-way to my fundraising goal when the '68 GCA was passed and that ended that.

I later bought a Canon FT camera.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    There’s an RG .22 Short revolver on my wife’s side of the family. As the story was told to me, sometime in the 60’s my FiL was out of town a lot so he bought it for my MiL to keep around as protection when he was gone.

They were both gone by the time it was shown to me but as I looked it over I couldn’t help but wonder just how much he really liked her…
    Hey, he could have bought her a Maxim .25
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Hey, he could have bought her a Maxim .25
    Not if the pistol or ammunition would have cost him one red cent more.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Jesus wept.
    I would have to put an old A1 style three prong flash hider on it...

I have to confess I kind of want one of their new Barkeep Boot revolvers to load with shot shells as a snake gun for working in the yard....

Quote Originally Posted by revolvergeek View Post
    I would have to put an old A1 style three prong flash hider on it...

I have to confess I kind of want one of their new Barkeep Boot revolvers to load with shot shells as a snake gun for working in the yard....

I looked at these in Sportsmans yesterday. I think I could get one for a C note with my points and coupons I get. I was thinking one could turn this into a garden gun smooth bore like the Henry rifle Garden Gun Smoothbore .22 | Henry Repeating Arms (henryusa.com) to get a denser pattern with shotshells.

User Tag List