Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Heritage Tactical Cowboy: I don’t recall us doing this one yet…

https://heritagemfg.com/rough-rider-...-leather-sling

Sorry wrong link. The one I want has adjustable sights. I get all the shortcomings. I still want one
    Instagram: sometimesishootCs

I own two Heritage revolvers (not the Tactical) because a friend gave me gift card for them. For those who can remember jokes of the last century, they're like fat girls and mopeds.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

I’ve never heard of these before. I assume the quality is commensurate with the low price? This is actually rather appealing: https://heritagemfg.com/small-bore/b...ndard-cocobolo
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I have shot a couple of these not the tactical though and they seem to be decent for the price. A little rough around the edges but accurate enough to hit tin cans on demand. Weird safety too.

In the words of the friend that has these " they are cheap enough to vacuum pack with a box of ammo and stick in a stump or under a rock". I haven't done it, but I would believe him if he told me he had more than a few stashed in the woods.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I’ve never heard of these before. I assume the quality is commensurate with the low price?
    Yes. I read somewhere that they're the old FIE from the 1980s, including the weird safety. If something breaks you can buy everything except the frame and barrel from the company. You'll never mistake it for a Ruger or a vintage Colt New Frontier, but they're always willing to put out.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Meh. If I want a little birdshead .22 SA, I’d probably do better with the Ruger for about the same price.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post

I mean come on! It’s only $190 street price!

I could work on my fanning skills…
    And it has a safety??
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    And it has a safety??
    My sister had a heritage .22 back in the 90's. If the design hasn't changed, there's a lever on the left side that rotates a block in front of the hammer to prevent the hammer from fully falling when the safety is on. Kind of hinky and not elegant but a working solution for carrying a full cylinder I guess.

Don't know if quality had improved but that 90's version was really poorly machined and rough. Then again my sister couldn't afford a Ruger (like my Super Blackhawk she loved) and the price point on the Heritage was under $100 through Shotgun News.
    no one sees what's written on the spine of his own autobiography.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I’ve never heard of these before. I assume the quality is commensurate with the low price?
    They remind me of the Rohm and RG cast frame rimfire revolvers. Maybe finished a little better. I was told several years ago their centerfire offerings were of better quality than their rimfires but I never bothered to track one down to find out.

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Yes. I read somewhere that they're the old FIE from the 1980s, including the weird safety.
    That makes sense. I think the FIE offerings were mainly pre-68 designs that were changed just enough to get around Saturday Night Special laws.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    And it has a safety??
    Even abominations need tier-1 exemplars.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

User Tag List